Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

A few questions from a newbie???

1.When taxing will i be able to use any taxiway i want to get to the runway or is GROUND strict with the instructions it gave me, example bravo delta etc...?2. Will the various switches "contact ?????" between one controller (sector) and another, that happen way TOO often within the same vicinity with default FS9 ATC be eliminated or is this an fs9 issue?3.Is the interface the same as fs9 atc example push 1 or 2 etc.. for commands?4.What to do when flying a long haul and not wanting to comuunicate with atc for a few hours so you don't have to stay in front of the sim the whole time? Presently after i'm told to contact center i never do until i'm ready, is it the same in RC?Thanks!

I will try to help out on this one: I am using the latest public available version, which is ver3>1.When taxing will i be able to use any taxiway i want to get>to the runway or is GROUND strict with the instructions it>gave me, example bravo delta etc...?you are told to taxi to a specific runway, there are no specific taxiway instructions. You can use any taxiway you want to.>>2. Will the various switches "contact ?????" between one>controller (sector) and another, that happen way TOO often>within the same vicinity with default FS9 ATC be eliminated or>is this an fs9 issue?the switches are much more realistic, as such you will see a decline in the number of switches in the same vicinity (not as many as default MS ATC)>>3.Is the interface the same as fs9 atc example push 1 or 2>etc.. for commands?>>4.What to do when flying a long haul and not wanting to>comuunicate with atc for a few hours so you don't have to stay>in front of the sim the whole time? Presently after i'm told>to contact center i never do until i'm ready, is it the same>in RC?I currently set (via RC settings menu) holds and vectors for traffic to zero. Then I allow (set) the RC copilot to handle the radios. You can then leave the computer. There are several other options to configure for this flexibility also.>>Thanks!your welcome>>

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1) get there however you want to. sometimes you will be told to "follow the ....." if there is another aircraft in your vicinity that is going to the same runway2) sector switches happen whenever you cross from one sector to another when the new sector has a different frequency as your current one. i can't speak to how often or how realistic fs9 atc does it, since i've never used it. but if doug says we are doing it right, and he's verified the sectors around memphis where he works, i'm confident it's pretty close everywhere else3) same4) hand the comms over the rc co-pilot, he/she will do all the sector/center switches for you. you can also set "pause at nnn miles" where you specift nnn. start your oceanic flight, give the comms to rc co-pilot, and go to bed. when you get up, the sim will be paused 120 miles from your arrival airport, for you to finish your flight.v4 documentation is available on the web site, www.jdtllc.com, click on the documentation tabjd

>2) sector switches happen whenever you cross from one sector>to another when the new sector has a different frequency as>your current one. i can't speak to how often or how realistic>fs9 atc does it, since i've never used it. I think there are so called "point outs" in the real ATC that reduce number of frequency switches. There was this controller on the Avsim forum (I think his name was 'mad dog') who was explaining that FS9 forces you to change frequency much too often than required in real life. As a matter of fact I would like to find out what those 'point outs' really are. EDIT:Point Out. A physical or automated action taken by a controller to transfer the radar identification of an aircraft to another controller if the aircraft will or may enter the airspace or protected airspace of another controller and radio communications will not be transferred. ... interesting concept. Point-out is not a handoff.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

many sector switches will occur, without having to contact a new controller. just like the real world.jd