Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

Uninstall 4.01 procedure

There's an uninstall link 001 in the RC4 folder. Will this uninstall the latest update or do I need to reinstall from the beginning.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

i'm not sure. i never test the uninstall.what are you trying to do. go back to 4.0? you might as well uninstall 4.01 and 4.0, then reinstall 4.0why do you want to uninstall?jd

I love the new update. But the slow performance hit or fps dip I get when RC4 acess wav files really irritates me. When I have everything turned on ie ASV, PMDG 737, FS2Crew, I like the performance of RC4.0 where I didn't get any fps drop at all.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Bill,I'm surprised you're not hearing a big improvement with v4.01. Do you have a separate sound card or are you using an integrated one? Try defragging on a regular basis. Can you post details of your system?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The problem is not what I'm hearing. RC4.01 sounds good.(Except for delay in responses), but I can live with that.The problem I'm having is I can tell whenever RC4.01 is accessing wave files by the momentary fps drop. Usally drops to 3-5 fps. When in the air, I can live with it. But when trying to land ans ATC is giving instuctions when you're 5 mi out, the erractic fps drop is iratating.Bill MASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe 2.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon XPSiI RAID 0 Set [Hard drive] (240.06 GB)1536 Megabytes Installed MemoryCreative SB Audigy 2 ZSNVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Bill McIntyre

so far, we've found 4 things that change frame rates or audio delayswe have one person running fs9 at above normal priority - bad. fs9 and rc both normal, or both above normal.fsautostart - seems to cause issuessliders for the voices all the way to the right (slow) instead of the left (fast)integrated audio vs sound card - integrated audio causes the cpu to do sound processing instead of letting the sound card do iti'm sure we will find more, as we go alongdo this for melaunch rcclick debugload your .plnclick start rcfly your plan, hopefully duplicating the problemquit rczip up the log and send it to jd@jdtllc.comtell me where in the flight, what was being said, anything that will help me find the problem in the log

Let me just add something about FSAutoStart...This donation-ware program by Ken Salter allows the user to launch a particular application - in our case FS9.EXE - and to alter the Process Priority of the program. It also allows other programs to be launched x number of seconds after the main program has lanched.It also allows the user to terminate and restart other programs and XP services. Earlier on someone mentioned they terminated the Telephony service and RC4 suffered quite badly. When they didn't run FSAutoStart (and therefore didn't terminate the Telephony service) RC4 was fine.The lessons to be learned from this are that ...1. FSAutoStart is not responsible for any slowness with RC4.2. RC4 is not causing any poor responses.3. FS9 is not causing any poor responses.Users of FSAutoStart need to be careful what services they terminate and should not change the Process Priority of FS9. Clearly Telephony is one best left running and FSAutoStart recommends it should be left running. So if you are using FSAutoStart and are experiencing poor response times with RC4 try running FS9/RC4 without using FSAutoStart. If the problem goes away then look at what services you are terminating because the problem probably lies there.I would also advise users to regularly defrag their hard drive and if at all posisble install RC4 on a separate partition to FS with a physically separate hard drive being the best option.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Kingair315

After downloading several of the voice files, got an idea, but dont know if it will work or help. Would or could Radar Contact in the future, use MP3 files? It would save a lot of downloading time for those on slow modems, and save a -lot- of drive space. MP3's for voice probably would should good even at 96bits...

MP3 files would solve a lot of performance issues.Bill M

Bill McIntyre