Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Another Callsign Question

Several times during my recent flights I have heard ATC call aircraft with somewhat strange callsigns. These call signs are always a random letter followed by four numbers; e.g., T4887, B3828, etc. I have searched my flightplan.txt files and nowhere are these call signs found. I'm flying in the US BTW so most non-airline callsigns would be prefaced with a November. I'm pretty sure that all of my callsigns are up to date in my aircraft.cfg files also. So, where do these random call signs come from anyway?

not sure. i'd have to see a log to tell you why what you're hearing is right or wrongjd

Guest xose01

Hi Steve,I had a similar problem, which I fixed by changing an FSUIPC setting.Check you "Set TCAS id string" setting within the "Technical" Tab. I had to set it to "Flight" before I got ATC callsigns.Hope this helps.Regards,Luis

Nope, that wasn't it. My FSUIPC setting was "flight". I flew today and didn't hear any strange call signs. Only airlines as it should be.

I must admit to hearing an odd c/s the other day onn a flight. Being quick off the mark I wrote it down and ATC called an aircraft thus:"Quebec uniform echo bravo echo charlie" - I've checked all of my flightplans and cannot find any trace - also I've checked every ATC_Airline= entry in all the aircraft.cfgs (courtesy of ACA2005) and no trace of it.

How did you check them (courtesy of ACA2005)? Is there a program somewhere that will go through all of them?

It still didn't tell me where that odd callsign came from - but it did tell me where it wasn;t - if you get my drift.

I can't get ACA2005 to run. It keeps hanging up on an error on scanning my a/c where the "length can not be less than 0". The "details" tab doesn't tell me the problem. The error is always on a FSP aircraft (B744, B744F, B772v3, A36rv2)......

Well, after a lot of research and finally getting ACA2005 to run, I have discovered where these phantom call signs may be coming from. I ran a check on EditVoicePack and discovered that I was only missing 5 or so callsigns and most of those were misspellings. OK. I then checked the callsigns available in RCv4 using the Controller Scripts and discovered tons of missing callsigns. RCv4 has all of the airline callsigns and a lot of others but I have fully loaded all of UltimateGA's packages and a lot of military AI. All of the missing are in those two packages. Now, I don't know if that's where the callsigns such as "A2115" I heard yesterday came from but it's a possibility.I'm having quite another problem now, however. I had two CTDs yesterday, the second of which was while decending to land. The CTD problem is much much worse than anything else I've encountered and just may be the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as I'm concerned. :-mad RCv4 works great! I can live quite easily with the strange callsign every once in a while. Thanks for putting me on to ACA2005. Works great, too!