Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigjjs

Barometric Pressure Stays Fixed at 2992

Guest craigjjs

I have been using the software for a couple months without problems. Over the last few days I have stopped receiving pressure call outs other than 2992. It worked fine in the past. I don't know where to start with this problem. I use FSbuild for my plans and have ultimate traffic and ultimate scenery USA. Is this a FSUIPC or FS9 settings problem?Thank you. I love RC.Craig

Hi,Are you using a weather program?When below 18,000' press the "B" key and see if it is correct on the altimerter.If you are above 18,000' = 29.92 (USA)Regards,Vaughan MArtell

Check out the transition altitude on the controller page after loading your plan. At that or above you will have 29.92 in/1013 mb. Under that altitude should be local pressure.If you are using a seperate weather program be sure it is writing to FS and give FS time to catch up. If that weather program is AS6 then run a Refresh and when complete run AI refresh so that AI and ATC comm is updated.

Guest craigjjs

Thank you for the replies.I do not use a seperate weather package. The problem is ocurring below transition altitude (set for default 18000 ft).Craig

If you're not using a 3rd party (external) weather rogram, and you're not using the FS (internal) weather then the baro pressure will ALWAYS remain at 2992.