Sign in to follow this  
Guest graidia

strange "control" key?

Guest graidia

HiI have a great conflict between "1" and "2" keys used to select my aircraft engines and radar contact 4.So i decided to add the control key in addition to th numerical numbers to select the RVC4 options.my problem is when i push "control" key + "1" or "2" ......etc , nothing happens once on hundred of time the selection is done??honestly, i don't understand the orgine of this problem ?i tried the "shift" key too ,but without result?can someone help me ?my H/S configuration :-Pentium 4@3.06 ghz-1 Go of ddr@2700-Geoforce FX5500@256 Mo-FS 2004 with 9.1 update-Active camera 2004-Active sky 6-FSUIPC 3.53 registered

Guest jboweruk

are you keeping ctrl pressed while you press '1' or '2'? I use the ctrl key for mine due to conflicts in other areas.

Guest graidia

thanks for replyi tried the both situations:1-i keep ctrl pressed and i press "1", nothing happens.2-i press ctrl key for some second then i press "1" also nothing happens?this problem is getting me crazy :(

I too have the keys mapped to control-1, 2, etc. I have the same problem every now and then. It seems to happen if there is no input for a long period of time. A good example is if I start RC4 then do my preflight and not check weather for about 20 minutes or so, the keys will not work. If I close the FSUIPC window and reopen it all is fine. I never mentioned it before since it is just a minor irritation.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Guest graidia

>maybe something else is using ctrl-1>>try ctrl-shift-1>>jdtried with no result :(

Guest Dutch64

I sometimes happens to me too, i usually click with the mouse somewhere on the "empty cockpit window area" and then try again. Usually it works fine then again. Like something else is trying to keep the focus.

Guest graidia

hisolved problem with the last the great FSUIPC 3.65 ( the new ATC window that replace the advdisplay is working like a charm).Now i've configured the ctrl+ shift keys and the RVC 4 is working fine except i have some times a confilict to select between my super king 200 engines.

I do not know if it is available in the self registered version but there is a setting in FSUIPC that helps with the timing seperation between combination keystrokes. It is in the FSUIPC users or advanced users guide.As I recall engine selection by keystrokes was one of the items helped with this.