Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Newbie Observations

I received the RCV4 CD this morning, loaded and sent the registration email... got the reponse with key and update instructions. So far so good except no where in the sequence I followed did I find an instruction to just replace exec's to update to 4.2 (sorry if it was there, I missed it). That's the first observation, and it is minor since it only kept me sidestepped about 2 min.Second observation: My first flight is KCRP-KHOU, which is filed simply as CRP.LISSE6 STAR since the CRP VOR is one of the transitions for the arrival. This becomes very unrealistic using RC since it assumes anytime there is a fix within 30nm of origination that there is a departure procedure, and CRP VOR is pretty close.There was no way to override the DP because the radio button is grayed out. I'm stuck in Corpus unable to get vectors and no published DP. At least the winters are mild.Normal departure is runway heading until after departure, then a vector to 010 to intercept the CRP transition, which is a 028 track between CRP & LISSE. We're never vectored to the VOR by departure, but even that would be better than in limbo.Good product.. I am really going to enjoy what it adds to my 737NG flying.(CP SEL MEL INSTR)

Dan Downs KCRP

Let me rephrase so that I may get a response.Is there anyway to force ATC vectors on departure if the first fix is within 30 nm?There are only two fixes between KCRP & KHOU (200nm) CRP VOR & fix LISSE, which are departure and arrival gates respectfully. There are no published DPs at KCRP, but vectors are required. I can think of many other examples where vectors are required to the departure gate as part of the published DP.The way I interpret the existing construct that you use is all DPs provide routing from runway to first fix if first fix is within 30nm. Second wrong presumption is that if first fix is within 30nm then there is always a DP. This is very unrealistic.Thanks for the help.

Dan Downs KCRP

i've been busy getting 4.2 out the door, so i've been a little behind.sorry.i thought there was a way to do it, i can't believe we overlooked it.is there a departure controller at kcrp? is the distance between kcrp and khou 200 miles, or there abouts? it's more than 80, right?jd

correct.. kcrp is a class C due to the high volume of navy training traffic. There is a consolidated tracon that provides approach service for all of so texas (again, due to military traffic). Distance kcrp - khou is about 200nm. departure hands off to houston center in all directions.It would be very nice to get vectors with first fix within 30nm.Thank you

Dan Downs KCRP

...bumpIs there an option to receive radar service (vectors) and have a first fix within 30nm of departure?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mmcevilley

>...bump>>Is there an option to receive radar service (vectors) and have>a first fix within 30nm of departure?No, there is no way to do so. The reverse situation does work. If the initial fix is >30nm, you can force a DP. I use that to simulate the "known" vectored departues at places like KIAD, KORD.As JD pointed out - we "have your request"! ;-)-michael