Sign in to follow this  
neilbradley1

Off Track

Thanks for advice, like all problems that happen "sometimes" it can difficult to determine why things are not working. Othertimes I climb out of airport and head towards the first waypoint proper without any problems.However closer examination of what may be going wrong has found out that it is the end of runway waypoint that is being missed. I noticed that as RC4 pinged (indicating passing waypoint), then GPS and RC4 window changed from the runway waypoint to the first proper waypoint on route. Not sure why end of runway waypoint wasn't always pinging, I always follow RC4 runway instructions, and very rarely request an alternative runway from the controllers.

>Hi,>>Select the runway instead of a gate number at EGCC and try>again. I think the gate number is being included as your first>waypoint.>Sorry, please confirm - are you saying that I should be selecting starting point on flight planner as the active runway rather than the gate? Won't that mean the flight will start from the runway?>By the way, the route you supplied for EGCC-EGPF is highly>unrealistic. You should be flying a SID out of Manchester ->Pole Hill for the Glasgow run.Noted, you are correct, this route was given by the default flight planner.>>Once you resolve the issue with the first waypoint I suggest>you consider a more advanced flight planner. FS Build or FS>Navigator are excellent commercial ones. The default planner>is not exactly brilliant.Good point.. I have also recently added FS Navigator which I am becoming familiar with. Indeed this appears to be a huge improvement from the default planner - and as a mapping tool it offers a multitude of additional extra features. Initially I am becoming fully trained up on RC4 procedures, before mastering FS Nav. Perhaps I need to move over to FS Nav sooner rather than later.>>Cheers,

>"By the way, the route you supplied for EGCC-EGPF is>highly unrealistic.">>Yep, and years out of date too. A1/UA1 hasn't existed in the>UK for over 2 years, more's the pity.x( Oh and btw, max>permitted level for flights between MTMA airfields and ScTMA>airfields is FL240.>PPEeeek. That's the default flight planner for you!! I am moving across to FS Navigator which should give much more realistic routings.. and altitudes.

The wordwrap on posting chops things up.Of the the three line grouping look at the middle line only. I'll clip those as follows:>TOC 054 DCT <<<<<<<DCS 115.20 035 DCT <<<<<<<TOD 003 DCT <<<<<<<FENIK 064 DCT <<<<<<<EGPF 010 DC <<<<<<<<<

>i think he used fs9 flight planner. :-) >>jdYes I did, but as per above posts this won't be used much longer. The problem I initially got when using RC4 with FS Navigator was the inability to set autopilot to match controller's commands. With default flight planner/autopilot it is simply a case of adjusting the AP settings (altitude/direction/speed etc) to match those instructed by the controller. Using FS Navigator, it sets it own altitudes, directions etc, not what is being instructed by RC4 controllers. After being told that they hoped I don't drive a car like I fly aircraft (lol), I stopped using FS Navigator until I got fully familiar with RC4. I am not sure how to get FS Navigators AP settings to match the controller's instructions. We've progressed to the next problem !!!!

Guest cirurgiao

Just a little trick. When you create a flightplan with FSNav you go to Plan and then you export it to FS2004 NOT to Radar Contact. Doing it you have the option to choose from which gate do you want to begin your flight. I've learnt this from some of the beta tester. Hope this happens.Eduardo

If that export to RC is what I think it is it is the old adventure format used prior to RC3. Same with FS Build. RC's current format is the FS8,9 .pln format which gives the best compatibility so always export to FS2002/FS2004 formats for RC.

>The wordwrap on posting chops things up.>Sorry about the layout due to posting wrap. It looks better>printed.>No problem Ron, thanks for that clarification.Iain Smith

Hi mbattison,<Yes, I am. Although it might seem logical to start your plans with the gate number it does appear to be causing problems with your flights.Although my aircraft is always parked at the gate, when I plan a route in FSNav I always use the active runway as the first entry. Try it.Changing to FSNav will be a good move :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather