Sign in to follow this  
Guest doggy769

need some help with missing airport details

Guest doggy769

hi john..thanks for looking at this for my.i'm so sorry i think there was an error in my previous zip. i have posted an updated zip file of my runways.txt VTBS sections.i have also run a scan with scanafd and a system search and there is only only one af2 file for VTBS.i really appreciate your help.thanks again.cameron

Here is the file causing the problem:=============================================================================Addon SceneryBangkok VTBSsceneryvtbs_PSN.bgl=============================================================================Airport VTBS N13:41:08.5704 E100:44:56.2198 5ft Delete all taxiways! Delete all runways and starts!*** DelBth *** VTBS0011 Lat 13.670946 Long 100.734512 Alt 5 Hdg 15 Len 12139 Wid 197*** DelBth *** VTBS0012 Lat 13.656942 Long 100.751472 Alt 5 Hdg 15 Len 13123 Wid 197*** DelBth *** VTBS0191 Lat 13.691792 Long 100.760750 Alt 5 Hdg 195 Len 13123 Wid 197*** DelBth *** VTBS0192 Lat 13.703182 Long 100.743088 Alt 5 Hdg 195 Len 12139 Wid 197 FSM A/P VTBS, lat=13.685717, long=100.748947, alt=5------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm not sure what it is supposed to be. Notice it includes the code to delete all taxiways and runways which makerwys is doing obediently in the final pass.The fix as John states is to insure the AF2 file runs at higher priority in your scenery configuration. I think the simplest method to do this is as I described by moving the AF2 into its own folder.I would create a folder on your FS drive called AF2S. Under it create a folder called scenery. Move the AF2_VTBS.bgl file (correct the name if I got it wrong) into that folder from the AddOnScenery.Now start up FS and go into the scenery library. Add Scenery and browse to the AF2s folder and click OK or whatever. AF2s should now appear at the top (low number) of the scenery list which is a higher priority than Add-On Scenery. Click OK to close the library setup.Restart FS. It should go into a scenery index build mode. When it finishes close it.Start RC and rebuild the scenery database. Close RC and look at the a4.csv and r4.csv and see if VTBS is in there.We have had one other scenery that caused similar problems.What we have accomplished is to create a folder for afcads and similar files that will be taken at the highest priority. Any time you put an afcad.bgl file under AF2sscenery when FS starts it will reindex and place that .bgl at the highest priority. Makerwys reads any scenery files (.bgls) from the lowest priority first to the highest priority last. While not specifically a designated AFCAD a scenery.bgl file may contain runway or other elements which contain the delete xxx instruction. By placing the afcad in question at the highest priority, it restores the runways within it that were deleted in the other .bgl that now remains at a lower priority.Each user can have a different scheme where the priorities differ so results (problems) may vary by user.Let us know if that solves your problem.

Hi Cameron,As Ron correctly states the problem seems to be with the file vtbs_PSN.bgl. When I have time I'll try and look into this further - I thought we'd solved this type of problem :-(For now the fix Ron suggests should work fine. An alternative that should also work is just to rename the file Addon SceneryBangkok VTBSsceneryAF2_VTBS.bgl as ZAF2_VTBS.bgl and then rebuild the RC scenery database.All the best,John

I forgot it was in the same scenery folder. What John suggests would work but I think a lowercase z might be better if letter case is a consideration for the alphabetical order. Since the problem file starts with a "v" use a "z" prefixing the AF2 in the file name.When files are in the same scenery folder alphabetical sorting is used to determine the order of reading as I recall.Try that and let us know.

Guest doggy769

hi ron , john....thank you both for all your help.have changed the afcad to "z" af2 as suggested and this has done the trick. VTBS now shows in all the right places and the controller info ...so am good to go.many thanks again for the great support.cheers from downunder.....cameron

Cameron,After further discussion within the team, we think it is the "vtbs_PSN.bgl" that is the problem. I remember soon after the first version of the scenery was released, vr1.06 came out. It is possible this vr1.06 has the updated vtbs_PSN.bgl. So ideally, if you haven't downloaded the update, you should do that. After installing the update, rename your zAF2_VTBS.bgl back to the original name of AF2_VTBS.bgl. Now when you rebuild database, VTBS should show as it should.Infact it'll be great if you can do that and let us know if that works for you. Peter Dawson (MakeRunways) and jd (RC) like to nail these problems so similar scenery problems in the future can be detected and taken care of automatically via the program code.Thanks,SubsPS. Didn't know you're from oz, I'm in Brissie :()

Guest doggy769

hey subs...yep, downunder downunder actually...in hba.ok, have re-downloaded the vtbs zip from siamavsim and installed the updated "vtbs_PSN.bgl" file which actally is the taxi signs bgl.then renamed afcad to af2_vtbs and rebuilt database and VTBS is everywhere that it should be...so yes, this updated ,bgl fixed the problem.thanks again ...cheers cameron

Hey,hate to interupt but is there anyway to get this file from siamavsim anymore? It seems like other people have downloaded it in the past, so could someone send it to me?thanks!airindia16

If you find the scenery be sure to use makerwys version 4.41 or better from the link at ther forum top. This will fix some scenery priority issues.If you search for vtbs in the library here and at flightsdim.com you will find some updates. One is an ADE type that adds some properties.