Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

ATC Volume

hi all,is there a way to turn the RCv4 ATC volume up or down. it's just a little too loud for me. if there is a volume slider i can't find it anywhere. thanks in advance for the help. happy flyin, fm

Hi FM,No, it can't be adjusted except by the Windows volume control.If you want to retain the volume of FS but reduce RC4 sounds try increasing FS's sound levels first then reduce the overall Windows sound.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi RayIf you are running vista which I have if you open the volume control properties you can adjust it seperately. I have noticed that If I run rc as well as the standard volume control I have a seperate volume switch for RC.Regards Jason

thanks for the info. guys i'll give it a go. one other quick question for you Ray, i'm making a flt. right now from EGLL-KLAX with the PMDG 747 PAX and decided to turn off the "live chatter" for awhile in RCv4. since turning it off (roughly 2 hrs. ago) i haven't heard any (0) chatter at all between ATC and any AI traffic. is this normal? i have "interact with AI traffic" and "AI chatter" enabled and "all" ATC voices are enabled. i'm using UT Traffic for FS9 with FS AI Traffic slider set at 75%. thanks again in advance for your help. happy flyin, FM

Hi Jason,Didn't know Vista had that feature. Still not moving to it until DX10 cards are reasonably priced as it offers no real advantages over XP for me.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi FM,I don't have my RC PC on at present but if chatter has ceased since turning that otpion off then turn it back on and see if the chatter returns ;-) I tend to leave the options set once everything is to my liking.The chap on this thread had a similar problem. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=24960&page=Of course if you're half-way across the pond there won't be that much Ai traffic and it would also need to be in the same stratum as your aircraft. It's not unusual to have relatively quiet periods in long flights.Ai set at 75% will give you far less traffic than 100% and I don't mean 25% less. It could be as much as 50% or more because of the way the flights are created. I suggest you increase it to 100% and reduce it when nearing LAX if frame rates will suffer.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thanks for the help Ray. i did turn it back on but it took quite awhile for the chatter to get cranked back up again. i'll do some experimenting.happy flyin, FM

This might be of some limited help in the future when you upgrade your PC. I kept my old machine and use RC with WideFS on the 'old' machine into which I plug my headset - now my RC ATC volume is completely independant of FS sounds which I have coming out of my speakers.

I had a similar problem and just couldn't get a good balance between RC volume and those in Flight Sim - Radar Contact stomped all over Flight Sim.I did however find a useful applet that gives independent volume control in Windows XP, have a look for IndieVolume. It works a treat, however it is payware, perhaps there a freeware equivalent somewhere but I've not looked.Hope that helps.

Dang, seems I spoke too soon.IndieVolume works up to a point but cuts out the pre-recorded chatter.More importantly RC stops working a few minutes into your flight, Alt-Tabbing out of Flight Sim reveals an RC error message stating that the program cannot write to the Flight Sim Files directory.Sorry for the bad call folks, looks like I'll just have to be yelled at by ATC.

Its windows XPThe error is:Unable to write to (Flight Sim Saved Files Directory), will not be able to save rcd files

sounds like you need to set the .flt/.wx folder - there is a button which allows you to set the folder pathif i can't write to that folder, i display the errorjd