Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

RC V5 Callsigns

Goodness me, that's going back a long way! If I remember correctly, they started as a subsidiary of Air UK in the 80s known as Air UK Leisure but changed ownership and name to Leisure International Airways in the 90s. It's a long time ago but I vaguely remember the 3-letter ICAO code as being ULE.Petehttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

Hi Subs thanks for adding LEISURE callsign for me. Is it also possible to add a military callsign for me. Its IFO. The American Air Force used this callsign when transporting diplomats to various different countries.

Sure, no problem. But is that IFO as in "Iffo", or I-F-O as in "Eye-Eff-Oh"?I know it's a silly question, but there are plenty of 3-letter callsigns that are all spoken differently! :()Subs

Guest indolikaa

>I've added in Alliance Air for you.>>Do you have a airline name, or 3-letter code, or country, or>any other details for Starfire?>>SubsNothing. Not a single thing. In fact, I haven't figured out why the name even exists in the FS9 listings. Probably the result of some delusional assembly programmer who just wanted his ego stroked in a way nobody would ever understand or appreciate.But if you don't mind a concocted corporate history...Starfire Transportation Systems, Ltd.7110 North Research Park DriveSalt River Industrial ComplexPhoenix, AZ 85001Starfire Transportation Systems, Ltd. (STS) was founded in 1985 with a single Cessna Skylane running what was known as CGA graphics at the time. After months of trial and error, founder Indolikaa Khan finally got a plane to takeoff and land from the same runway without killing hundreds of innocent Daley Democrats on the ground, a remarkable achievement at the time given framerates could be counted on the fingers of a single hand, and the unintentional targets seemed to be inexhaustible.STS continued to evolve over the years, adding more and more aircraft to its fleet and expanding its reach to booming commercial markets like Godthab, Male, and Anadyr, thanks in no small part to the generosity of freelance programmers and artists. Finally, after years of an "I want more!" mentality, STS was finally blessed with the acquisition of a pilot's dream, the POSKY ZS-SPA in its Alliance Air livery. As Khan would say at the aircraft's rededication, "I've flown planes for 20 years, and I've finally found a reward for thousands of hours and gigabytes of downloads. And it's got triple INS, too! GPS is for losers."Today, nobody is really sure how many aircraft bless the STS roster, but the financial aspects of the company are well-documented. Andalusia Khan, Chief Financial Officer and She Who Wears the Pants in the Relationship, recently told Sean Hannity, "It's an obsession with him. I feel for all the wives out there who have watched their husbands spend thousands and thousands of dollars over the last twenty years just to see 'how real it can get'. We could have purchased a used 747 second-hand by now. Did you know this bloody idiot actually purchased a 24" LCD monitor last year, and then upgraded to a 42" LCD TV only four months later? Why? Because it's more real. If it wasn't for the fact that he still puts Manchester United first, I'd have divorced his sorry carcass already. Bollocks!"STS is privately held company that was banned from the world markets after the infamous 'junk bonds for VooDoo2 SLI' scheme in the mid-1990s. Assets and obligations are not public record, but we do know there are a lot of hard drives involved in the preservation of the corporation's assets.Or something like that...

Ha ha lol. Somehow it has a resemblance to all of us I think :-beerchugSubs

Hi Jason,I've added IFO in for v5, but since that callsign was used such a long time ago and in only in limited regions, I'm not sure if it will make the final cut though.The reality is there is only a limited amount of recordings we can do. But LEISURE is definatly in the list for you, so that should keep you busy :-)Subs

Can you add a call sign for the virtual airline: American Flight Airways? The VR can be found at: http://www.flyafa.com/Perhaps the call sign could be "American Flight" or "American Flight Airways"Thanks and I never fly without using Radar Contact!Stan MattosAFA Pilot #2786

G'day Stan,On the website the manual states "Lastly your voice callsign during radio transmissions is the English/American pronunciation of "AFA? (AY-F-AY)."I'm not sure why the word before the brackets is jumbled up - maybe an text encoding error either on my system, or in the manual.But if I were to guess, it is saying the callsign should be AYFAE, pronounced "Aie Fay"? But then the reference to english/american pronounciation makes me think it is another language?Subs

Hi,Can we have Star Peru please.http://www.starperu.com/#Preloader_offhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_UpWikipedia have the call as "Star up" but I am not convinced. I will check with my friends in LAN and get back to you.Also...this is a bit vague... but maybe others can jump in.. there are a couple of German airlines that fly to those 2 new airports in the Kurdish part of Northern Iraq.I believe one of these airlines was even starting service from UK via frankfurt.....Sorry it's a bit vague but I hope someone can fill more details.Thanks,Paul

Hi Paul,I found an Airline called "Star Up S.A." from Peru that uses the callsign STAR-UP. The code is SRU.Is this the one you wanted included in RCv5?Subs

Hi Subs,I don't think it is.If you see the top of the 2 web links I included it is directly to the airline website... they are quite big here....I have a friend who is a captain with LAN Peru.. I will ask him for the callsign... but he's on a trip at the mo.Thanks,Paul

Guest sssummer

Is GoJet Airlines, call sign "Lindbergh" on the list?

There are a few references to GOJET already in our v5 list - the closest one I could find is GOJET AIRLINES LLC (ST LOUIS, MO) from the USA, code GJS, and callsign GATEWAY.If you have a 3-letter code and country for your GoJet Airlines, that's probably the best way I can track it down. Otherwise any other info you can give us would also be helpful.Thanks,Subs