Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dickbidw

Problem installing RC 4.3 and FSUIPC

Yesterday I installed and registered a CD copy of RG 4.3. The sample flights did not install in the flights folder. I manually installed them. After the install, it has been very difficult or impossible to start aircraft with Ctrl-E or be started manually. My FSUIPC is version 3.75. I uninstalled RC and reinstalled the FSUIPC but the situation still remains the same. Any suggestions? I have downloaded the FSUIPC version 3.8.1. Should I install it and reinstall the RC. By the way, I am running FS9 sp1. Is it possible I need to delete some config file? Note I am a rather new user of FS9.Thanks for your help.Dick

You can install the FSUIPC.dll from your 3.81 download in you modules folder but first move the existing 3.75 version fsuipc.dll out of your fs folders or rename it to FSUIPC375.dlh. The extension must be changed.Here are some things to try:Rename your fsuipc.dll or move it out of the modules folder so it can't run. Do not start RC. Start FS, load an aircraft, and see if CTRL-E will start your engines. If not, then it is not an FSUIPC issue. A few aircraft, mostly payware, will not recognize CRTL-E to start. Also go into your FS assignments and make sure CTRL-E is still assigned.You state you can not start manually. Do they attempt to start and then starve? Are your fuel cut-offs open to feed fuel? If they are electric start engines, have you sat with no APU (jets) or external ground power with avionics running too long so the batteries have run down? FSUIPC has a "magic battery" option that for most models delays the battery rundown.If all runs with FSUIPC active and does not when RC is running, check the keyboard assignments in RC to insure there is no conflict.

Thanks Ron.Update on my problem.I did find that for some reason, electrical failure was checked!!!I certainly didn't do it on purpose. I also tried your suggestion of elimination of the FSUIPC and no change so I installed the 3.81 version. The electrical thing solved part of the problem but I still can not start any aircraft either manually or with ctrl-E EXCEPT for the default cessna! ctrl-e is still assigned.I tried to delete the FS9 config, but there are two of them. One is a .cfg file and the other is a .txt file. I deleted the .cfg file and that didn't allow FS9 to run. I restored the .cfg and wonder if I should try the .txt file?Maybe a reinstall of FS9 is needed, but I hate to think about that. I still have not reinstalled RC at this point. Thanks for your help, I realize this is not a RC problem and I appreciate your time.Dick from Sunny Florida.

change the rc key assignments for menu 1 and menu 2 to ctrl-shift-1 and ctrl-shift-2jd

JD and all,Just to let you know I have things figured out. In addition to the engine starting problem, fixed by JD's change of the menu keyboard assignments, I realized that the indication of the paused and parking brake being on resulted in the sim being paused and I didn't know it! That will make it very difficult to get things going. Once again I don't know what turned those notices off and how to turn them back on. Also, can someone tell me how to allow the "ganging" of the throttles on multiengine aircraft? My ability to do that apparently got lost. Overall, I'm getting used to hearing the "ping" as I complete the sample routes.Thanks again for getting me going!! This is a great program.Dick