Sign in to follow this  
997R8V10

CTD on Flight Load - PMDG 777

Hello All,

I recently bought the PMDG 777-200LRF and whenever I try to load the flight, FSX crashes.

I select the plane, then the date and time, then my airport, and click Fly Now. It loads to 100% and the plane is at the gate. Then it just says: "Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working." and crashes.

I have tried multiple airports, starting on the runway, re installing the 777 and NGX, starting at different times but every-time it crashes.

Is there a solution to this problem?

My OS Info:

Windows 8 x64 with 8gb ram, 1 tb hard drive.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration.

PMDG 747, 737, 777

Captain Sim 777

Airbus X.

Thanks,

UAL873

I select the plane, then the date and time, then my airport, and click Fly Now. It loads to 100% and the plane is at the gate. Then it just says: "Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working." and crashes.

Hi, UAL873,

What startup state appears in the opening window before you choose a T7 and airport?  Should be the Ultralite Trike with Friday Harbor Airport.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, UAL873,

What startup state appears in the opening window before you choose a T7 and airport?  Should be the Ultralite Trike with Friday Harbor Airport.

Mike

I set it to the PMDG 737-800NGX WL United Airlines Merger Livery at KIAD - Washington Dulles International Airport.

I set it to the PMDG 737-800NGX WL United Airlines Merger Livery at KIAD - Washington Dulles International Airport.

If that is what is displaying at the opening window you need to switch FSX back to the default startup state -- or at least one with an FSX supplied aircraft such as a Cessna 172.  To be on the safe side, go back to the Ultralite/Friday Harbor startup state.  According to the PMDG introductory manual, the startup state loads even though you don't select it.  With another complex aircraft like the NGX loading at startup (even though it is also PMDG), anything can happen.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Ryan should have created the intro manual in bolder print :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I tried resetting the start-up flight, then closing and opening FSX. Selected PMDG 777LRX and still got the same thing.

This is what it says when the flight loads:

I tried resetting the start-up flight, then closing and opening FSX. Selected PMDG 777LRX and still got the same thing.

Hi, UAL873,

Just to be clear:  Now when you open FSX, you see the default ultralite/Friday Harbor in the opening window.  You choose a PMDG 777-200LRX and an airport.  FSX crashes. 

You are not loading a previous flight, but just choosing the 777 and an airport at the opening window, is that correct?  (If you are loading a previously saved 777 flight it could have problems in it.  It might have a problem that comes from loading the 777 after it loaded the NGX before you removed the NGX as your startup flight).

In your screen shot, it appears that the 777 does load.  Do you get to do anything at all before it crashes?

Does FSX work OK if you choose another aircraft, such as the NGX, from the opening screen?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Just to be clear:  Now when you open FSX, you see the default ultralite/Friday Harbor in the opening window.  You choose a PMDG 777-200LRX and an airport.  FSX crashes. 

You are not loading a previous flight, but just choosing the 777 and an airport at the opening window, is that correct?  (If you are loading a previously saved 777 flight it could have problems in it.  It might have a problem that comes from loading the 777 after it loaded the NGX before you removed the NGX as your startup flight).

Yeah,

I see the Ultralite at Friday Harbor. Then I choose the 777. It loads to 100 percent. Then the airplane is there. After 1 second, it shows up the error screen I posted. FSX works with the NGX fine. It works with all other aircraft.

n your screen shot, it appears that the 777 does load.  Do you get to do anything at all before it crashes?

No, I can only do something for about 1 second like move the mouse. The airplane moves for a sec then crashes.

I see the Ultralite at Friday Harbor. Then I choose the 777. It loads to 100 percent. Then the airplane is there. After 1 second, it shows up the error screen I posted. FSX works with the NGX fine. It works with all other aircraft.

I'm not sure what further to recommend.  Have you gone through the PMDG T7 introduction document and followed its recommendations, such as the highmem fix?  Starting with the PMDG NGX or any other non-default/simple aircraft is a definite no-no, but I don't know what else to suggest.  Only thing would be to remove fsx.cfg (store it somewhere else if you want to keep your settings) and let it rebuild.  Then you will have to put back in the highmem fix and other tweaks.  See if that fixes the problem.

If you go on the FSX forum there are people who know how to find the reasons FSX is crashing.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, UAL873,

Just noticed this in the http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

"- CTD on load that results from errors in the runways.csv or ARPT_RWY.dat files.

• If you're getting a CTD upon selecting the airplane or pressing Fly Now, please try deleting these two files. runways.csv is in the root FSX folder, and ARPT_RWY.dat is in the FSX\PMDG\NAVDATA folder. runways.csv can be remade using Pete Dowson's MakeRunways.exe tool, found at his website."

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks so much!!!

The airplane loads now and works!!!

Glad I could help! 

Regarding the ARPT_RNWY.DAT file, I think this is used by RAAS (the Runway Awareness voice thingy "On Runway...") so this feature may not work right, but this should be a minor issue.  You could try restoring it and see if your CTDs return -- if they do just remove it again.  The csv you can regenerate per Ryan's instructions.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The ARPT_RWY.DAT file is not related to RAAS (runways.csv is) - it's a cache basically so that the FMC is able to perform search/lookup faster.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The ARPT_RWY.DAT file is not related to RAAS (runways.csv is) - it's a cache basically so that the FMC is able to perform search/lookup faster.

Thanks, Ryan.  So it should regenerate by itself?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

one question, that action of deleting the two files to avoid a crashdown, is it something to be repeated everytime the T7 is to be loaded or a once action only?

because I have the same problem, and after each flight, if I want to reload the plane, I need again to delete those files or a CTD will occur.

a friend of mine who also owns the PMDG777 doesn't have this. what does it depend on then?

maurizio