Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Rapid throttles acceleration on approach. P3D 2.5 here

Can you dropbox the situation files ( fmc and sav files ) along with the coresponding ".fxml" Prepar3d file ?

I would like to try it myself.

Thx

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As Dan suggested, I deleted FSUIPS *ini file and let FSUIPS recreated a new one from the scratch. I just added the line to monitor VAS and did not touch other parameters. After that I have completed 3 flights from my save situation (2 without RC4 and 1 with RC4) to descend and land at WSSS. No problems so far, but I will keep testing. 

Took another short-haul, OTHH - OMDB, with T7 and RC4. All went smooth, no problems with joystick, however for the first time in my P3D experience I got "api.dll" crash on taxiing to the gate. I know it's different subject, but perhaps someone knows what this might be?

Other than that, I have a feeling that my problem was at least partially solved by deleting FSUIPS.ini (which I modified heavily based on my 11 years of FS2004 experience).

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

Dmitriy

Okey...it did happen again, with T7 15 minutes ago during WSSS - VHHH flight, on FL230 after I was commanded to descend to FL150 by RC4.

There are few new observation.

As I mentioned in my previous reports, at approximately FL230, N1 was hiked to max while at "Hold" mode (ALT was set to FL150 with VNAV/LNAV engaged and CRZ throttle mode active), throttles were pushed forward to the max and rudder/ailerons and spoilers joystick commands were disabled. Once I quickly disabled A/T and A/P. my further attempts to cut down throttles with F1 (rapid throttles' decrease) failed as while they moved back initially, once I released F1 button, pushed forward to max position again. Therefore, if the joystick was non-operational, what exactly drove throttles mad? 

And the most important observation - while joystick commands were disabled fully on PMDG during the approach as I mentioned above, the joystick axis were fully operational in Windows Setting Menu that tells me that it's not the joystick that disconnected itself (means it's not a hardware issue), but the joystick that disconnected while being a part of P3D/PMDG input (rather software issue).

Unfortunately, I forgot to save fmc and panel state situation when it happened, by I will continue testing and once I run into this scenario again, I will save the situation and attached it here via DropBox.

Also, I did not use any AV software during PMDG initial installation, I do not use AV during my FS sessions and my UC settings are very relaxed. P3D installed into D:/P3D directory. Thus, there is nothing that would intrude into normal P3D operations or/and interfere with other installed add-ones.

Thanks for reading about my sufferings. Hopefully, one day I'll resolve this issue.

Dmitriy T.

Also,

Are you all have "double" throttles decrease/increase commands in your P3D default assignments as per my link below?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r28f0kw95hc0ir3/Capture.PNG?dl=0

And sorry for my English

Okey...it did happen again, with T7 15 minutes ago during WSSS - VHHH flight, on FL230 after I was commanded to descend to FL150 by RC4.

There are few new observation.

As I mentioned in my previous reports, at approximately FL230, N1 was hiked to max while at "Hold" mode (ALT was set to FL150 with VNAV/LNAV engaged and CRZ throttle mode active), throttles were pushed forward to the max and rudder/ailerons and spoilers joystick commands were disabled. Once I quickly disabled A/T and A/P. my further attempts to cut down throttles with F1 (rapid throttles' decrease) failed as while they moved back initially, once I released F1 button, pushed forward to max position again. Therefore, if the joystick was non-operational, what exactly drove throttles mad? 

And the most important observation - while joystick commands were disabled fully on PMDG during the approach as I mentioned above, the joystick axis were fully operational in Windows Setting Menu that tells me that it's not the joystick that disconnected itself (means it's not a hardware issue), but the joystick that disconnected while being a part of P3D/PMDG input (rather software issue).

Unfortunately, I forgot to save fmc and panel state situation when it happened, by I will continue testing and once I run into this scenario again, I will save the situation and attached it here via DropBox.

Also, I did not use any AV software during PMDG initial installation, I do not use AV during my FS sessions and my UC settings are very relaxed. P3D installed into D:/P3D directory. Thus, there is nothing that would intrude into normal P3D operations or/and interfere with other installed add-ones.

Thanks for reading about my sufferings. Hopefully, one day I'll resolve this issue.

Dmitriy T.

Also,

Are you all have "double" throttles decrease/increase commands in your P3D default assignments as per my link below?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r28f0kw95hc0ir3/Capture.PNG?dl=0

And sorry for my English

Do you believe in ghosts ?  Eheheh.... I do :-)

Now, jokes apart, we really have here a case that, when solved - and you'll sooner or latter find the reasons, I believe - will be one to remember.

All that came to my mind and I posted here were based on my own experience, namely the existence of assigned axis that I was not aware of, and having the A/T simulation in PMDG to a mode like "always override" or "override only in HOLD"...

What the heck is happening in your case I really don't have a clue now, and not even have the chance to "fly" with you and check ( an advantage of another sim I use where the cockpit can easily be shared from two v-pilots around the World...), but I look fwd for the post where someone finally finds the reason ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

N1 was hiked to max while at "Hold" mode (ALT was set to FL150 with VNAV/LNAV engaged and CRZ throttle mode active), throttles were pushed forward to the max and rudder/ailerons and spoilers joystick commands were disabled.

Sorry, this is confusing. I assume your problem is uncommanded (by you) throttle.  When in A/T using one of the VNAV thrust modes, and uncommanded full throttle is always traced back to either your game controller, your throttle override options in the PMDG Options or a fault in the FSUIPC ini file.  Most of these complaints are resolved when the FSUIPC inti file is removed from the simulation. Some are corrected by setting the override options that work best for you.  A hardware failure in the game controller is very rare, ususally they become noisey or sloppy instead of causing uncommanded throttle excursions.

You have not yet substantiated that it is a software (PMDG) problem, at least that I can tell but then again I am confused by your problem descriptions. Sorry.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

*ini file cannot be deleted without a deletion of FSUIPS.dll. If I manually delete *ini file only, it will be automatically recreated on next P3D run.

Once I run into the problem again, I will attach the files with FMC situation.

I also reset Throttle Override options to "Never" at T7 Simulations. Hope it will help, however NGX does not have this option

If I manually delete *ini file only, it will be automatically recreated on next P3D run.

Yes, that is the expected outcome.  Any problems that were there will be gone in new ini file.

I always use override in hold only for throttle override setting. On takeoff after toga and before 80 kts, move the throttle controller to close until you need it again.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okey,

This time I was able to document all my troubles very well.

Prerequisites

- P3D

- T7 with FS2Crew

-  ASN with latest build as of this afternoon

- RC4.

- Flight CX 364, VHHH - ZSPD prepared with PFPX 1.22

- FSUIPS with newly generated *ini.

- in P3D "General" options speed selected as "True Speed"

I started the descent per ARE14 STAR from FL370. Once I crossed FL 090 and while at SPD manual mode @250kts throttles (those that in VC) had become mad, N1 turned into red, bleeds turned OFF, speed increased up to 390 and higher. I disengaged both AT, disable A/T on MCP, disengaged A/P, tried to kill the thrust with F1 button, but all of these actions did not help as throttles were pushing at max. Then I physically disconnected the joystick from USB and didn't help either as throttles were out of control and the rudder was dead also,

I attach three archives that include 6 files each, PMDG files needed for FMC, P3D fxml file, RC4 file and WX file (last three are optional). 

1. This file indicates the situation at FL300 with the plane fully set-up for descend and landing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg876rjf2hoirra/DES_FL300.rar?dl=0

2. This files has the situation just a few seconds after the throttles were mad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n84ml4f6im7d445/SHT_HAPPEN.rar?dl=0

3. The final set has the situation after I implemented all the measures described above and had no choice but to exit P3D.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pavpb8n1gngacn/SHT_HAPPEN_2.rar?dl=0

Taking into account all the above-said, I'd really appreciate if some good soul take a look at those files and let me know what went wrong, Actually, this scenario happens on each and every flight whether it's T7 or NGX. It's not a random things, there is a clear pattern, however I don't understand the cause.

Thank you in advance

Dmitriy

I'd really appreciate if some good soul take a look at those files and let me know what went wrong,

Hi, Dmitriy,

I looked at your files but I don't own P3D so I can't use them.  Maybe PMDG could use them.  I think you would get a better response if you posted some screen shots.  It would be good to see the  MCP, PFD (showing the FMA), ND and EICAS pages, and a shot of the legs page of the CDU, when the problem starts.   It would be best here to post direct links to the pictures (don't pack them up in a RAR file for others to download).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mi

Hi, Dmitriy,

I looked at your files but I don't own P3D so I can't use them.  Maybe PMDG could use them.  I think you would get a better response if you posted some screen shots.  It would be good to see the  MCP, PFD (showing the FMA), ND and EICAS pages, and a shot of the legs page of the CDU, when the problem starts.   It would be best here to post direct links to the pictures (don't pack them up in a RAR file for others to download).

Mike,

Thanks for the response. I will try to deliver the screens based on the situations I described above by COD Saturday. Also, I hope that someone from PMDG would be able to test my files.

Get rid of the TAS speed settings... there are things that happen based on IAS that you are working against. Use indicated airspeed in an aircraft. Always,

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, Dmitriy,

Mike

Mike,

Here are the BMP files. The first shot shows the situation at FL270 when everything was normal

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqpiuvuvnt1dwuv/FL270.bmp?dl=0

The second shot - when sh*t happened. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rwnfg3sr5de4bi/SH.bmp?dl=0

Get rid of the TAS speed settings... there are things that happen based on IAS that you are working against. Use indicated airspeed in an aircraft. Always,

Dan, I will try the flight tomorrow with IAS

Ok, it happened again after 3 relatively normal flights during last 4 days. I even purchased a brand new joystick, Logitech 3D Extreme. Below are the screens in progress what happened

1.jpg?dl=0

2.jpg?dl=0

3.jpg?dl=0

Forum does not accept direct link to the images, so I will attach them as link. Honestly, I don't know what to do. PMDG are unflyable for me in P3D :-( I tested all the possible situation and still no word from PMDG. Very frustrated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7dqizrjrirhumu/1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bppc25p1sj7g1r/2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ppkssw2h7xjm3o/3.jpg?dl=0