Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Rapid throttles acceleration on approach. P3D 2.5 here

Ok,

It sounds like the puzzle has been finally solve. I have been able to deliberately trigger uncommanded throttle acceleration several times in various circumstances. First of all, it only happens if you use either RC4 or PROATC. It seems like both pieces of software somehow controls AI via FSUIPS and utilize pre-FSX techniques while P3D/PMDG relies of Simconnect. Hence, once you delete (via Traffic Explorer) any AI plane in the arriving airport while being vectored by RC/PROATC, you'll get the consequences that forced me to start this thread.

Why it happens with PMDG controls - I have no idea, but it has happened in 8 out of 8 attempts I have made during last 5 days with both NGX and T7. In other words, there is a clear pattern. Of course, most of PMDG users will not b affected. Even myself won't be affected as I merely stop to delete/filter AI on arrival. However, it can be helpful for future developments as PROATC is beta-testing new version that would take 100% control over AI, so get ready for the potential complaints. 

Thanks to all who tried to help. 

Best Regards

Dmitriy

And thank to you Dimitry for the important piece of information and all of your tests and patience!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

the puzzle has been finally solve. I have been able to deliberately trigger uncommanded throttle acceleration several times in various circumstances. First of all, it only happens if you use either RC4 or PROATC.

Outstanding. Good job.

Dan Downs KCRP

Members
592 posts
Joined 6 Years, 11 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted Today, 11:06 AM

Ok,

It sounds like the puzzle has been finally solve. I have been able to deliberately trigger uncommanded throttle acceleration several times in various circumstances. First of all, it only happens if you use either RC4 or PROATC. It seems like both pieces of software somehow controls AI via FSUIPS and utilize pre-FSX techniques while P3D/PMDG relies of Simconnect. Hence, once you delete (via Traffic Explorer) any AI plane in the arriving airport while being vectored by RC/PROATC, you'll get the consequences that forced me to start this thread.

Hi, Dmitriy,

Thank you for posting the solution to a problem that was making me want to pull my hair out in frustration.  I don't have those addons but I really have to wonder if I would have figured it out if I did.  It's a very surprising interaction, since the presence or absence of AI really shouldn't affect your aircraft except possibly to set off a TCAS warning.

One final question:  Have you checked whether this happens when RC4 and PROATC are not connected, and you use Traffic Explorer to delete an AI plane?

Best regards,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Dmitriy,

Thank you for posting the solution to a problem that was making me want to pull my hair out in frustration.  I don't have those addons but I really have to wonder if I would have figured it out if I did.  It's a very surprising interaction, since the presence or absence of AI really shouldn't affect your aircraft except possibly to set off a TCAS warning.

One final question:  Have you checked whether this happens when RC4 and PROATC are not connected, and you use Traffic Explorer to delete an AI plane?

Best regards,

Mike,

That is correct - my problems used to happen only with either RC or PROATC active.