Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

MSSTDFMT.DLL error with P3D v3.0

This is the error message that I'm receiving when I try to load P3D 3.0 flight plan generated by PFPX. I have been using RC4.3 + PFPX with FS2004, FSX, P3D 2.5 with no problems for almost 11 years and it's a first time when I'm running into this error.

However, I have a freshest W7 Pro-64 install on my SSD and perhaps some files haven't been installed on my system. Would appreciate a solution for my problem

Thanks, Dmitriy

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt

Choose the right hand download zip tab (to avoid adware) and pick the latest version. Follow the instructions in this pinned thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/265834-713-and-unregistered-dlls/

Do not use the /u option with regsrvr32.  I installed mine in both syswow64 and system32 for Win7-64.

There will also be a missing ocx file and I don't recall where it was.

If you are installing RC on a newly formatted disk or moved it to a different partition, you'll also need a new key. If your e-mail address has not changed and your user name is the same as when you ordered it, then you can use the automatic server. If not you'll need to have it processed manually. See the pinned if you need help topic.

Thanks Ron,

1) The file the link to which you provided is still 32-bit. There is no 64-bit download

2) Nevertheless, I downloaded the latest 32b version and put it in both system32 and syswow64 folders.

3) Then I used the instructions as per the link and successfully registered dlls.

4) Unfortunately, I'm still receiving the error that the file is unregistered.

5) What do you mean "not to use regsvrse32" if the instructions clearly says that I should

Thanks again

In the 713 thread "Type the following:regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name herethen type the following:regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name here)." the /u means uninstall. Then you do it again without the /u and then you get the right success message. I just did it without uninstalling if it exists.

There is no 64 bit version of msstdfmt.dll to my knowledge. RC is written for 32 bits as is the runtime library used. I just put msstdfmt.dll in both folders so it could be found for sure.

Worked for me.

Thanks,

All set now and currently flying with RC4 KSEA-KLAS onm NGX. 

Have other issues thought, but it will be other topic

I have the issue but my will not register unless I use the /u. If I dont I get an error. Now using the /u I still get the error evan though it says registure successfull. Any ideas?

Just to clarify I did reboot but still same thing.

If you're running a 64-bit OS, here is the critical command:

regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\msstdfmt.dll

Cheers

Richard Wells