Sign in to follow this  
fordnut

PMDG 777 engine failure bug?

I have a little problem in my 777, the engines flameout regularly for no known reason. It doesn't matter whether I'm taxiing to runway or at 30,000 feet. I have begun to leave my apu on so I can start them up again but it is very annoying. I have no master or caution warnings , packs are working, plenty of fuel. Running with active sky next and pfe deluxe. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Craig Theodore

Possibly something is sending a command to shut down the engine. What controller hardware do you have?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

ch products yoke, pedals and quadrant. Have throttles set up through fsx all others through fsuipc. Maybe I should put them all through fsx?

Craig Theodore

Having the same trouble.

I don't have fsuipc installed, not the registered version anyway and my controller is mapped through FSX.

It's only the 777 doing this, all my other acft still operate as normal.

EDIT: My engines automagically restart without any intervention. The op says that he has to restart his.

My first thought would be to put the plane up in the air, and then unplug your hardware.  If the problem disappears, it's somehow related to your hardware.  If it persists, then you'll need to look elsewhere.  Start there - report back.

Kyle Rodgers

I seem to have fixed my problem by disabling Accufeel.

I haven't used FSX for months and had forgotten it was there.

found the solution to my problem as well it seems one of the quadrants buttons that I used in fsuipc was also mapped to mixture cutoff in fsx. Doh, do I feel like a doofus lol. Everything is great now and lovin' the 777 now that I can fly it :) thanks for the help guys and I do appreciate it

Craig Theodore