Sign in to follow this  
bobaz

Load a Flight Plan to FMC

I downloaded a flight plan from SimBrief, but can't bring it up in the FMC.   I put the .rte file in flight plans NGX.   Best I could find in a search is type it the scratch pad, then CO ROUTE.   I get "invalid entry".  Thanks for any help.

I downloaded a flight plan from SimBrief, but can't bring it up in the FMC.   I put the .rte file in flight plans NGX.   Best I could find in a search is type it the scratch pad, then CO ROUTE.   I get "invalid entry".  Thanks for any help.

Downloaded the route into what folder? Is the route in fact in Microsoft Flight Simulator X/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/NGX?

First and last name in this forum are required. You are fortunate your post has not been deleted. See this - http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/

This one  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\propdefs\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX" 

Sorry I should said P3D V3

Bob Dee

I don't have P3D so I will bow out of this thread. Sorry.

What is the name of the RTE file?

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

klasksan.rte

And you're typing in "KLASKSAN" on the RTE and it's giving you an error?

...or were you trying to type "KLAXKSAN.RTE"?

Kyle Rodgers

To load a co-route in 737 or 777 I copy PMDG .rte v3 files to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Under FSX, once you have entered the origin airport, you can press the LSK in front of the CO route without entering a name and you will get to a page with the list of all the routes available.

Have you tried on P3D to see what you get?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Under FSX, once you have entered the origin airport, you can press the LSK in front of the CO route without entering a name and you will get to a page with the list of all the routes available.

Have you tried on P3D to see what you get?

Yep that works, sort of.  A plan came with the game called "LOWIEGLL001", that shows...only.  The plan I got from SimBrief doesn't.  I removed "LOWIEGLL001", & it still shows up!   The NGX folder is empty.  lol

Bob Dee

Sounds likely that the simbrief plan is an incompatible older .rte format, and LOWIEGLL001 is in \FLIGHTPLANS\

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Yep that works, sort of. A plan came with the game called "LOWIEGLL001", that shows...only. The plan I got from SimBrief doesn't. I removed "LOWIEGLL001", & it still shows up! The NGX folder is empty. lol

Bob Dee

If the NGX folder is empty then the Simbrief plan didn't download where you thought it did. Easily done. Either download it again or search your hard disk for the file and copy it to the NGX folder.

Simbrief generated plans are definitely compatible with the PMDG format.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'ts there.  I even went to another planner web site & tried another plan, same deal, doesn't come up in the FMC.  As for "LOWIEGLL001, I deleted it, & it still shows in the FMC.  

Why are you putting the plans under: "\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\propdefs\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX"

Where does the propdefs folder come from?

You might be looking in the wrong folder. I think pmdg defaults to \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX

Try looking there. 

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

Why are you putting the plans under: "\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\propdefs\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX"

Where does the propdefs folder come from?

You might be looking in the wrong folder. I think pmdg defaults to \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX

Try looking there. 

Where would you suggest it should go, if not there, then where?   I stated way above where I put it.