Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

Account Activation

Hello all,

I would like to make the switch to Orbx products from GEX.  However, I am having a problem.  I cannot get my account activation confirmed by Orbx since I am still waiting on the email confirmation. I have also tried to register for the forum, but I am waiting on that email confirmation as well. 

I don't think my email service provider is filtering Orbx emails.  I submitted a ticket to their support forum and received an automated reply. 

Normally, these type of activations are nearly instantaneous.  The original registration has taken more than 24 hours.  Is that normal for Orbx?

Thanks,

Rich Boll

Wichita KS 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Registration for OrbxDirect and the Forums should be immediate.  I would try again as you could have made a typo in your e-mail address so the system cannot send it.  Sometimes e-mail registrations are sent to junk mail/spam folders because of your anti-virus and/or e-mail program settings.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim,

I tired to re-register several times, but it keeps saying that the email has been taken. I think that this is the result of my first attempt at registering.   I did verify that the email address is correct.  I checked my Junk email folder.  Nothing there.  I also checked my email using the web-based email application on att/yahoo thinking it might have gotten lost over there.  Nothing was found.

I did turn off the Norton Anti-Spam, but that should have sent the email to the Junk mail folder which is empty.

I'm scratching my head over this one...

Thanks!

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Did you try to sign in?  I do not recall ever getting a validation e-mail from FTX/Orbx for the forums or for OrbxDirect.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm having the exact same problem as Rich. Tried to register about an hour ago, and not receiving the activation Email.

I also tried re-registering again, same result as Rich. I've decided to just wait until tomorrow and see if there may be a delay in their process.

Warren

Warren

I am also having the same problem. I registered over 2 hours ago and have received no verification email. 

Same for me! Tried to signup over 24hrs ago, my email address was correct as it was auto completed by my browser, but have not received a verification email. Not in any junk/spam either. I have also tried to sign in but does not let me. Only thing I have yet to try is maybe a password reset. I'm hoping to take advantage of the 35% deal.

Alaister Kay

Had the same issue last Sunday morning. Did a support "Ticket" and was handled pretty quick.

Ed.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

I've also submitted a ticket now, since I still haven't received the email after two days.

Warren

EDIT: My account was activated almost immediately after submitting the ticket.

Thanks.

Warren

Add me to the list of people frustrated by my inability to activate an account at Orbx.  I submitted a support ticket four days ago, received an automated reply immediately, but am still waiting for a response.

David

CYXE

David, CYXE

Just reporting back, after submitting a ticket I got an auto response straight away and then a response by orbx within about 20 minutes, activating my account. I then purchased a couple of sceneries, and downloaded and installed with FTX central 3 in no time.

Alaister Kay

Hmm. I submitted a ticket this morning, about 5 hours ago, and still have not gotten a response.I'm going to try it once more and if I don't get anything I guess i'll have to spend my money elsewhere.

Still no response to either support ticket. Can't re-register because their system tells me my email address is already taken. Can't buy without creating an account. Wan't to spend money but their system won't let me. Can't post on their forum without an account. This is unbelievable.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe an email address from someone in sales or a phone number?

The only email I can find on their site is for 'business opportunities, commercial partnerships or other business related matters. Now that I think about it it is real bad business to ignore something that is preventing a potential customer from buying your product so I guess I'll give that address a try. What do I have to lose?

I know it isn't on my end because I have made several purchases in the past few days from a number of sources and have had no problems with confirmation emails, account setups, downloading and registering products, etc..

Hi Doug, I will PM Mr. Venema or a mod and let them know there's a gentleman who wants to buy their products.

Best regards,

Jack

Jack Sawyer