Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingCat

Modifying f4.csv

I have a question regarding modifying frequencies in the file f4.csv.I have already made a backup copy, so nothing can go wrong. I'm also adjusting the file with Notepad.I would like to change some frequencies for certain airports. But I don't know in which order the frequencies are listed in the file f4.csv (e.g. first frequency is for ATIS, second for Clearance, etc.)Can you tell me what the order of the frequencies is in the file f4.csv?I know the frequencies can be changed on the Controller tab, but I would like to change certain frequencies permanently (otherwise I have to change them every time on the Controller tab).Jon

ident, name, atis, clearance, ground, tower, unicom, multicom, approach, departure

There is something I don't get.I have attached a screenshot of the Controllers tab, and a screenshot of part of the f4.csv file (pasted in the Controllers tab screenshot).As you can see all of the listed frequencies for CYYZ are in the correct order as you mentioned them except for the ATIS. In the Controllers tab the frequency is 118.00 and in the f4.csv file it is 112.15Is there something not right? I've seen this issue at other airports too (e.g. CYYC). This only affects the ATIS.I haven't adjusted the f4.csv file yet, so I don't know why the frequencies don't match.Jon

have you tried dialing 112.15 into fs's comms? they don't go lower that 118.0so i change the frequency from the f4.csv file, to a valid frequency, after i read the frequency entryjd

Already figured out that frequencies don't go below 118.00It doesn't make sense to put frequencies below 118.00 in the f4.csv file. So why are they in there in the first place? Now I have to check the f4.csv file if there is an ATIS frequency that needs to be changed because it's below 118.00Jon

true, but the source of the f4.csv file is not from the fs world, but the real world. at was accurate at the time it was created.v5 will generate it's own f5.csv file, from the fs data.jd

Jon & jd,FYI, I (think) sometimes the ATIS is also broadcast/simulcast via the airport's VOR frequency. Perhaps, in the event of a comm faliure, you can still tune to the VOR frequency and recieve the ATIS (along with the morse code dots and beeps).That would also explain why when the database is created from the real world the 'odd' freq less than 118Mhz appears sometimes, but since the simulcast technique is not possible in FS, databases created from bgl files will always be exactly what we'd expect, in the correct frequency ranges.Subs