Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

SU2 soon???

hi,Yeah, I hope this patch takes care of all the little bugs and they don't have to start work on a patch for the patch lol. Hopefully this will be the last patch needed and they can divert full power to the 800/900. :-)AndrewPS. I also hope it will be ready by christmas :-)

Guest rcarlson123

Does anyone actually get "angered" by SU2 not being out yet? I can't imagine reaching a point where I'm actually angry because a patch for an add-on to a simulator on my computer hasn't been released yet.I can understand frustration, though. I can understand getting frustrated when release dates keep being missed by a developer. Which is why I'm glad PMDG doesn't give out dates. Sure, they say things like "soon", etc. Really though, that's just because they feel we are entitled to SOME vague idea of when SU2 will be in our hands. But, like someone else in the thread mentioned, their definition of "soon" may differ quite a lot from our own.I think the customers that are getting frustrated, or even angry, might want to realize that PMDG aren't going to finish the update, then just sit on it and laugh as they watch us all twitch and drool on the forums. When they feel it's done (and we should trust their judgement, considering past performance) they will release it, and that will be a good day.Personally, I feel that the aircraft I'm flying today is worth WELL more than the 40 bucks I paid for it. SU2 will just be the ice cream next to the cake that already has a nice thick layer of icing on it. :)

Guest bigun

Fully agree Ross,,,now where are my tranquilizers? :)

This IS the last patch before the 800-900! Trust me with 3 737 pilots, 2 flight dispatchers, airline mechanics and some of the best imformed desktop simmers etc this SU2 will advance this aircraft well beyond the average add-on by miles. What Joe desk top simmer thinks about a certain function without knowing how the real NG behaves will certainly be a headache, boy realism comes with a price![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Paragon

I can't really say that I'm getting angry over a software release, or the lack of it, but I agree that it can be frustrating hearing all the soon, almost done and what not from the beta-testers.On another note. Randy I hope that it's still flyable for the "joe desktop simmer", like I am, since I'm not a pilot...I would hate to spend $40 on a sim and then fork over $100.000 on the real training. ;)Mikkel

Guest Rich

Sir Randolph,Aren't you gonna tell us 'any day now', sir? ;-)When you see Joe Desktop give him my regards.What does your big boy book of Boeing say about that?Rich.

Guest zanadu6365

Personaly, Everytime they say "Soon" I just get that more excited.True nothing is perfect or flawless, but that dosn't mean you can try and make it as close to it as possable. And to acheve that takes time.The only thing I was never really "Happy" with was the manual could have been a little more in depth. But, that is not such a big deal.And to get ANGRY over the patch not being realeased in my opinion, is very inmature. If you Are really getting that fustrated over the patch not being realeased, take a break AWAY from this forum. Sure you wont be as "informed" as you might like to be, but it takes off the stress off of PMDG as well as yourself. Also if you have ever noticed when game developers (EA, Microsoft ect ect) say SOON, it could be a well 3 months away, but then again it could be 2 weeks from today.Also this may help, remember when you was a kid, and you was on a trip and you asked "Are we there yet" :D they would say, Almost, or very soon, but to you it was like FOREVER? Same here, it's probly closer then we think but we want it to hurry uo and get here.... Just my thoughts....P.S Sorry for Mis-spells.

I don't own the big Boeing book lol. Looks like I should purchase it though for the 744 next year! I also use these products-Aerosim http://www.aerosim.com/airline_training/atr_dt_fmst.htmBoeing/Wicat http://www.wicat.com/FTD/737cbt/index.htmFMC USER's GUIDE http://www.fmcguide.com/books.html and of course input from all my good friends, you think Joe has those resources?Oh I forgot, I have a large amount of AOMs 737-200,737-300A,757PW,757RR,767,744,737NG from various airlines (not just CO lol)and more FPPM etc etc, yeah I guess you can say I am book ready. Oh yeah I CAN say any day (how bout before x-mas) lol........ [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Rich

Oh Sir Randolph you are so learned. Thanks for sharing your extensive list of resources for us all to marvel at. I do have to wonder why the aircraft has / had problems since it was released with such a genius on board! I have no doubt Joe has many resources - he may even have the big boys book of Boeing too! I doubt he'll drop in the forum boasting about it though - he's kinda shy that way.You can say what you like about the SU2 release - I long since stopped taking any notice of the 'it'll be released soon' posts.Good luck with the 744, sir.Rich.

Guest tcanning

Isn't the PSS debacle fresh on everyone's minds? Let them take until next year, if necessary. Geesh, get a life and let them do their jobs!!Tom

>>>>I don't own the big Boeing book lol. Looks like I should purchase it though for the 744 next year!<<<

Eric 

I have stopped flying the 737NG until the SU2 patch is out. Three times out of three the aircraft has been in level cruise at FL370 - I leave the PC for 5 minutes (because there is no way of saving the config yet - better be in SU2) and come back to find it diving to the ground for no apparent reason (this is half-way through the flight - all FMC info correct).Roll-on SU2 but stop the teasing please PMDG - it's not funny when someone has paid $40 for a piece of addon software which doesn't work properly.Adam Moore8 miles east EGLL