Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

SU2 soon???

The little things so that no one can complain... ;) Patience young grasshopper - you'll be flying it very soon!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest jeffg

I hate to complain but very soon was said last week also,from beta testers who already have it.I know that we will not get a release time but I wish that we had some time frame like the end of the month or first of the year etc. JeffG

Guest Mark McG

Jeff,I am not a PMDG Beta Tester, but look at the front page of the forum - notice anything missing?

Guest Cpt Davison

>The little things so that no one can complain... ;) >>RyanSo your saying that SU2 will be perfect? and that there will be no complaints, lol. Now there speaks a confident man. Unfortunatley I think your going to be mistaken. I have already read threads here of people critiquing SU2 and it hasnt even been released. Only going on the screenies. PMDG will probably have just as many moans after 'n' number of months of development as they would have had they released it a month ago. Its a fact when your dealing with such a diverse audience. There are system specs and intellects as well as just the aircraft authenticity to deal with. How many beta testers does PMDG have? no where near as many as MS and yet they havnt attained perfection. What do you do? constantly go around in a recursive loops working on minor issues that keep popping up in the forums until you dissapear up your own chuff, or draw the line and release? Its inevitable that you wont have 100% satisfaction and that there is a large chance of a SU3 to correct the issues the modest beta team didnt find. Thats is unless your planning on calling it a day with regards to the 737 and blank further development, which would more then likely stress a few people.Its been weeks and weeks of "soooon gwass hopper, be patient", easy for you guys to say! you already have the dang thing. Im sure had you been sitting here typing this you would feel the same frustration and anger as I and I bet many others do. It is unfair for you or any other beta/pmdg member to sit there and say be calm when you are not in the same plane let alone the same isle as the rest of us. Please dont patronise us.RegardsNigel

Guest Lenny Zaman

Nigel, think about it, one has to draw the line somewhere... SU2 will be final, after that it'll be the 800/900 and if people are not happy with that, then they should refrain from buying it. that simpleChances of a SU3 will always exist, it's just not that evidentCheers

The worst thing about the Internet is that you can't convey inflection or emotion with text... I wasn't "patronizing" anyone - that was a playful joke. Notice the "winking" smiley there like this one? ;) Of course I'm not claiming it's "perfect" - don't put words I didn't say in my mouth! The fact is I *am* on the same page as you Nigel - I've only been a tester since the start of SU2 - I paid my $40 just like you (on the very first night the plane was availiable even) and suffered through the bugs in the initial release and SU1. I saw the potential in the product though and the team's dedication to fixing the issues and that's why I wanted to help with SU2. The reason SU2 has taken so long is because we are getting it right this time - something happend with the earlier betas where major issues weren't caught by the testers and that will not be the case this time around.I'm sure there will always be a few people who are never going to be happy, but I can tell you all that I am EXTREMELY pleased with how this product has turned out and have no reservations at all in saying it's now the best airliner product out there for FS. This will be worth the wait.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Mark McG

Probably Not - it did take up nearly the whole front page.

Ryan, Good follow-up and perspective. I can see the other point, too. We have been waiting for this service release for going on 3 months now. I think that PMDG and the pool of committed users has built up a trusting relationship to the point that if it was released now we'd work together to iron out the few remaining issues (and like you said, there will always be some left short of perfection now matter how long you tested it). There might be a few who would complain but the vast majority of us not fortunate enough to be beta testers would be very grateful. You certainly can't say that about some other developers and their customers these days...I'm ashamed to admint that I checked the forum repeatedly over the holiday weekend looking for it! I love the airplane but have hangered it until SU2 gets in my hands. So please release it (me)...regards,

NigelI am sitting here typing this and don't feel any anger or frustrationbut pleasurable anticipation, but I suppose that is the different waythat different people look at life - not just flight simulations.regards,David

I really think the beta testers need to stop saying, "Very soon" or "any day". Like another said, if you keep chumming the waters, the sharks will surround the boat and feed. I can pull posts up from over 2 weeks ago with these comments in them from beta testers. I don't fault PMDG at all, it's been the beta guys that have been saying these statements, not the actual PMDG team itself. I understand delays when software issues pop up...totally expected. If the beta guys stop with these statements, I believe we would not have these posts. "Any day" to me means within the next 2 or 3 days while "Any day" to others might mean 2 to 3 weeks. It just does not help.

Eric 

Ok agreed - I'll leave answering this stuff up to the PMDG team from now on... The first post in this thread was asking how far along the testing was though, which I think I answered... If you're looking for a "It will be releasing Thursday morning at exactly 9AM EST" though you're not going to get that kind of answer from anyone!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest jeffg

I am not upset that its not out yet but I hate waiting.I keep checking also 2-3 times a day since the holiday weekwend was over.I was hoping the upgrade would be out over the Thanksgiving weekend but that was not too be.I love flying this aircraft and just want it to be the best add-on that I know it will be,so its just hard to not be inpatient. JeffG

Guest Raafie75

Lets just hope for Xmas huh, I don't think thats too much to ask for ?

Given the recent patch debacle from other publishers, I think PMDG would be wise to make their list and check it twice... maybe even three or four times... before releasing SU2.While the patch from the other company did effect more products and more users, I think all companies within earshot of it took considerable notice of the situation, and are trying to prevent it from happening to them. ANd I can't blame them!-Greg