Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Dropping to desktop

A recent problem has developed with my system. FS9 and the PMDG737 crash to desktop mid way through a flight. I have recently upgraded my drivers to Nvidia 53.03 not sure if this is the problem. I am going to reinstall my previous version to see if this make any difference. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. On another issue what does the "render to texture" do in FS9 and should this be ticked?System Spec P4 3.0Ghz 1G DDR400 RAM Nvidia TI4600 VideoRegards,Andrew.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had exactly the same problem in mid-flight, I never had it with 1.1 with an otherwise identical configuration. I tried to completely ininstall and subsequently reinstall PMDG 737 1.2, but no luck. When I continued the flight from autosave it crashed within a minute.See my configuration below.

I had yesterday exactly the same problem on a flight from LFMN to EHAM. aircraft was in LNAV-VNAV CMD mode. No active weather.

Maybe you have to reinstall your hole FS9 simulator and make sure you dont have to match aircrafts in you FS9 aircraft folder...such as POSKY and IFDG and PMDG thats to match at one time.I only have a few aircrafts in my FS9 folder and if i want to switch i first reinstall the rest of the planes and then install the new ones.

Same thing here but IT DOESN'T DEPEND on the 737.Same problem with other airplanes flying the same route.FS disappears suddenly above a very precise point, regardless to the airplane used.I recently installed:PMDG SU2ActiveSky 2004Ultimate Traffic 2004something's wrong somewhere...:-hmmm David

Captains,there is a known CTD bug with FS winter bgl files/lookup tables. At certain locations, typically near airports, FS will CTD as FS accesses some lookup table and finds missing info then crashes. Search the main Flight Simulator forum for this CTD bug for additional info and a work around that involves installing an unofficial 'patch' that eliminates the CTD at the expense of some ground textures around some of the winter airports.

Thanks Pete.But the patch didn't help, I still got CTDs on the same specific point, egardless to which aircraft I fly.David

That's interesting, I had it on a similar route:LFMN-EGKK via UM733 between Barso and Oktet 7nm inbound Oktet.LNA-VNAV mode, AIRAC 312 active.