Sign in to follow this  
gbalean

737 Yoke

Guest cw1011

Bottom line is you get what you pay for. The expensive option from PFC is very accurate and gives a sense of heft and weight/resistance that the CH yokes/pedals can't match (I've tried both). Also, PFC stuff will last forever with their metal construction and heavy duty hardware.But, you have to pay for it. At least, unlike with other computer equipment, PFC controls won't become obsolete and will be around when you are running FS2010...

But CH products are knowned to be durable so they may very well last to 2010 too ;)The PSS aren

I love my yoke and pedals (USB CH)! I can't even imagine going back to a horrible joystick. The amount of control with the yoke is so much better, and a lot less sensitive, which after a while becomes much easier to use by not over-correcting. The best part is how you can fly with one hand or the other, and still use the mouse or keyboard to do things. The joysticks made this difficult to say the least. I pretty much always fly with just one hand, except takeoff and landing most of the time. Also, the pedals make it easier to keep the ball centered during turns. Having one hand trying to control every surface of the plane was a real pain.The only sensitive part, but not near as sensitive as the joysticks I used, is the elevator control. The best thing to do simply adjust the sensitivity and make sure the trim is where you want it. I have my trim set to the rocker switch below the hat, and I set it up with only half the amount of repeat in the MS controls. This way it takes more trimming to keep it centered, but you have more latitude. Also, after a while the elevator control on the yoke will feel sticky and unfortunately needs lubricant. I took mine apart (be carful doing this!) and used a thicker silicon (must be silicon based, not petroleum!) used in swimming pools. After a while it works in nicely and almost prevents a lot of fast overcorrecting.You'll love 'em!Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

How can you make small trim adjustments with the button repeat at medium setting. If I just want to add a little trim like 1 nod at a time or so that is just impossible in the middle setting. Constant overtrimming for me.But I must say I find the elevator control being much more precise with a joystick then with my CH Yoke. much smoother really. Much because of that damn spring I guess makes you yank it like crazy to get it where you want it to be.

Not too soon how long it is before you're wanting to order.. but if you buy something from pcaviator.com this weekend you get a free one year subscription to the magazine.. pretty good deal! Top read too! :-hah

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I got the PFC Jetliner Yoke with rudder pedals/toe brakes combined with the throttle quad that includes rudder trim, landing gear lever, flap lever, throttles, thrust rev, and spoilers this all equals 737 nirvana!

Eric 

Guest Ray CYYZ

Not to dis CH, but the clamp for mounting it does not work well with desks that happen to have a hanging edge (aka keyboard tray slideout).Much to my annoyment, there was no way to use it with my desk without nailing a 2x4 to the bottom of my desk top to make up for the 3" lip that rolls down at the front. Of course, doing this would mess up the keyboard's tray forever.Just get it from a place you can return it just in case you find yourself in this kind of a situation. I certainly would have kept it if it fit the desk, but I also am not going to replace my $1400 desk unit because it doesn't x( Ray

Guest gremel

How much did you have to pay for all this wonderful 'Nirvana'??Regards,Jack Noullet

Guest DavidMartin

General concensus being the elevator springs are a bit of a problem in getting precise pitch control, has anyone had any experience with removing the springs?I know it's not 100% correct to have a yoke that doesn't return to center, but in this case it might allow for more precise control.Any ideas?Dave

HiI replaced both the yoke and the pedals strings to stiffer.No problems whatsoever!Tero

PPL(A)

Ray,I have a desk like this, if I am envisioning what you described correctly. Your keyboard tray pulls out after you open a flip-down door, correct?If that's the case, what I do is I just pull the tray out, use simple woodworking clamps to clamp the tray and the door together, so that the tray is held stationary by the door and then I mount the yoke to the end of the tray. My pedals are underneath that and it all becomes quite comfortable actually.Hopefully I described that well enough.

Guest Ray CYYZ

Not quite, but I know the type you are talking about too.My desk has a 1" thick top but a curling part on the front lip that comes down 2" farther. Think of the letter L and rotate it 90 degrees. Directly under this is the keyboard tray with 3" between it and the bottom of the lip. Annoyingly enough, the keyboard tray itself is not thick enough for the clamp nor does it slide out far enough for the depth of the Yoke so that meant I had to mount it to the top of the desk (partly due to the depth too).After going through all the crap to mount it, it was not really comfortable to use ... what they really need is a chair arm mount that lets you have it on the side of your chair with a nice swing arm for people like me :D I liked it, but I just couldn't use it. Money's not an object to me, but you gotta be able to use it. If anyone has ever seen some kind of swing arm that could be used, let me know.Ray

To achieve nirvana, you must part ways with 1000 dollars USD+. But at least you don't have to climb a mountain to visit an old wise man!

Eric 

Well, I have it set in the assignments section of FS9 so that the trim repeat slider is at half. The NG *is* more sensitive to trim than the Meridian or other add-ons I have. Perhaps PMDG could reduce this, but some people may be fine with it. Also, the use of a thicker silicone lubricant makes it less sensitive.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired