Sign in to follow this  
Guest nandrzej

Spped Brakes ... Dont deploy

Guest nandrzej

Search this forum a few days ago. There was a topic that mentioned joystick/yoke throttle calibration.Apparently if your throttle is not calibrated correctly and when you pull the throttle to idle before landing the spoilers will not deploy. This may also affect autobrakes.Check N1 is below 21% when your throttle is at idle when on the ground, if it is above 21% you may have trouble. If it is above 21% push F1 and see if N1 drops, if it does you have some calibration issues.hope this helps, Nick

Guest Nickman

Make sure the armed light is on because I've been having a problem like that with the spoilers. Seems you have to manually set the speedbrake via throttle window instead of using the shortcut keys.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western Digital

Guest jjules

I have the same problem, I attempted autoland with auto throttle off and the speed brakes deployed ok! Speed Brakes do not extend though if auto throttle is engaged during landing. Must be the auto throttle causing the problem? Graeme

Guest SAS784

I've never had any problems with speed brake deployment even though A/T has been engaged during autoland.- Fredrik

This happened during at least my last flight. Had to pause and struggle with the / key and the lever in the throttle panel to get them down, then unpause - seamless recovery :-rollGeoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Guest MSMITH6

Hey All-I'm having the same problem. Have calibrated joystick through MSoft, then calibrated through FSUIPC. Have tried the F1 trick. Still no spoiler deployment on landing. What I don't get is why this has even changed since the 600/700? It worked fine then with the keyboard commands. Why do we now have to go to the throttle popup to arm the spoilers? Seems it could be made to work the same as it was, but then again, I'm not a programmer. Can anyone offer an explanation? I would love to see it go back to the way it was.Thanks

hey Guy's,I've been having the same trouble and here is the fix:even with calibrated yokes, the throttle is never at iddle positionfor FS.- In auto-land mode, make sure to hit F1 key before flare:then the spoilers deploy.- In manual landing, if armed, when you manually reduce to idle,the spoilers will deploy.Whatsoever, if the green light'armed spoilers' dont illuminate, it means the spoilers arent armed. to arm them, only way is to clickwith the mouse - one click only - on the throttle panel.Hope this helps,Arnaud, LFPGAI Aardvark addicted

Guest filip146

Hi everybody,Nope : F1 key doesn't work for me, neither does the calibration of my Joystick...But try this:Arm spoilers using you mouse (not possible with keyboard).Check if "armed" light is illuminated.Put the spoilers back to DOWN (mouse or keyboard!!) Then check if the light "armed" remains lit (=abnormal in fact). If it does, leave spoilers in DOWN position and land the plane and check if your spoilers were deployed.... Strange but like this it worked for me. Filip

Guest jase439

Spoiler deployment is spotty at best, even if you calibrate and use F1 to idle the engines. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The spoilers will easily get into an inconsistent state - especially if you use the spoilers on descent. Unfortunately, there no real way to tell in flight if it's going to work or not. Mucking with spoiler handle at 500' AGL just to see if they're going to work or not is really a non-starter. You should be able to set-it-and-forget-it. Unfortunately, you can't here.J

Guest nandrzej

Hi GuysI also remeber that throttle must be at idle BEFORE the plane hits the tarmac for the spoilers to auto deploy.cheers, Nick

I cannot speak for everyone but a few in this thread seem to have a good grip on the situation but let me once again state some facts and clear up some misconceptions:1] You must arm the speedbrakes with your mouse through the throttle quadrant. They are armed very easy this way. 2] If the light ain't on the main panel your speed brakes are not armed.3] To use the speedbrakes (ground or air) simply hit /.4] To retract them on the GROUND simply push /. To retract them in the air push SHIFT /****. ****See note below4]****If they are ARMed for APP and you deploy them like slowing on descent, retraction by "SHIFT /" will put them back to the INITIAL STATE they were (i.e in this case they were ARMed so back to ARMed they go!). I have a question for some of you, do you know that a real world NG pilot can count the number of times on one hand that they use Autoland (FULL) in a year's time? Why would someone have a computer in charge of their THROTTLES on approach and landing? Certainly the A/T cannot react like a pilot if wind etc and at low altitudes. But even if you do why not just leave the A/T ON and SPEED de-selected? This way you have manual control and Alpha protection (SOP might require this) and at 50 RA or abouts hit F1 so by the time you flare you will be at idle. Why? Because it's the way most pilots do it and with all these computer setups configs etc there is no way to know what's really going on. I ALWAYS get the spoilers to deploy and I mean ALWAYS. What does this mean? It means that it cannot work some times (like is claimed here) and not others. I'll say it again ALWAYS DEPLOYS. Funny that during testing I found that I too was not going to idle while testing the full autoland but as soon as I fixed my throttle correctly and MANUALLY pushed the F1 button it never failed me. So I hope this helps some of you ;-)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest jase439

I would agree that the only time the spoilers will deploy - when they deploy - is if the throttles are at idle (via F1). That said, the spoilers still do not consistently deploy even if the throttles are at idle and the joystick is calibrated and the little green annuniciator is illuminated and the spoilers were armed with the mouse and....The whole spoiler thing in the NG is just wonky. The whole /, SHIFT+/ and changing the behavior of those keys depending if the aircraft is airborne or on the ground is far more confusing than it is helpful. Makes it difficult to switch between this craft and others which employ the standard spoiler behavior. I always go to the throttle quadrant and use the mouse to set the spoilers on the NG, so I have some idea as to what the spoilers are doing. I think they tried too hard to dance around MS, and ended up with a cure that's worse than the disease.Just one man's opinion...J :)

They deploy more than you sign your name to you posts there Jase! You need to read my post clearly once again because you seemed to miss the whole point..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest ntsmith

Cant get a "armed" response in the cockpit either in 2D or 3D. You can select it but no light to say it is armed.