Sign in to follow this  
Guest Byron123

VNAV Approach

Guest Byron123

A while ago I posted a flight in another forum. A reallife pilot made a comment. I had a question, but the I didn't get a respons yet.So, I'll ask the same question here:Shot 4http://forums.fs2002.com/uploaded/may04/fsscr015.jpg>> IRL Pilot >>> "In shot 4 I can't figure out how you're flying an LNAV VNAV PATH Descent and you have a speed showing in you speed bug. Did you get a Disconnect?">> Me >> "Nope, I used Speed INTV to slow down to the speeds shown in the FMC. Or was Level Change the better option?"BTW, I was slowing down in this shot. All the movements in the displays freeze when you pause the sim. The green arrow was pointing down at that moment. It didn't look like it, because I paused the game when I took the shot.Thanks,Byron

Guest Erups

What's the INTV?In the manual i found no explanations for those two new functions.ThanksClaudio

Claudio,You need to look closer. Page 9-11 is good starting point - happy reading!

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I dont think you have actually asked a question?did I miss it?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Byron123

Yes, you've misses it. I'll quote myself, since I can't edit my post anymore.>>> IRL Pilot >>> "In shot 4 I can't figure out how you're>flying an LNAV VNAV PATH Descent and you have a speed showing>in you speed bug. Did you get a Disconnect?">>>> Me (Byron) >> "Nope, I used Speed INTV to slow down to the speeds>shown in the FMC. >Or was Level Change the better option?">Shot 4>http://forums.fs2002.com/uploaded/may04/fsscr015.jpg

Guest Erups

Found about SPD INTV (wonder why it was not highlighted in the manual with bold?), but nothing about ALT INTV.Claudio

Guest Byron123

Anyone?:-hmmm

What is your question actually? Is it what you should use in this situation - SPEED INTV or LVL CHG?

ByronFrom your screen shot I would have gone for the V/S and SPD modes. Reason is I feel more 'in control' with these modes when on final approach. I can control my descent rate with the V/S thumb wheel and I can also control my speed with the SPD knob. This way I can make sure that I will be at the right altitude at the right speed when catching the LOC and G/SMy two Canadian cents worth... lolTGIF :-beerchug

">> IRL Pilot >>> In shot 4 I can't figure out how you're flying an LNAV VNAV PATH Descent and you have a speed showing in you speed bug. Did you get a Disconnect?"Well, could it just be that that RW pilot didn't think of SPD INTV because he isn't used to it? It's an option on the real plane, so if you've been flying with the same airline in your career, one that doesn't have SPD INTV installed, you might be unfamiliar with it.Just wondering...Best,Martijn

>> IRL Pilot >>> "In shot 4 I can't figure out how you're flying an LNAV VNAV PATH Descent and you have a speed showing in you speed bug. Did you get a Disconnect?" Yes this is a case of not knowing about SPD INTV. It's true indeed that when one is below 10' and 15 knots faster than TARGET VNAV will revert to CWS P or LVL CH. But SPD INTV is much like a SPD DES in this situation neglecting the PATH for SPD ;-)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Byron,An unrelated question, but can you tell me how you changed the default color of the FMC to green?I have looked through the manuals and style menus etc however cannot find any reference to this (perhaps I have missed something obvious.ThanksIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest Erups

>Claudio: Look even closer, ALT INTV is on page 9-14.Ha!!!Blind as a mole... Literally!Thanks :)Claudio