Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

Cost index.

Dear PMDG,I have to say I love your PMDG aircraft and after the update Everything works fine and my FPs are great now!!! Even the new syntax is great....TURN LEFT/RIGHT DIRECT....But one thing isn't clear to me, I thought you fixed the CI index problem, I only see the Spd is fixed but the OPT./MAX. alt is still a problem. My Max is FL384 and my OPT. is FL388. This isn't correct, is it???

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't think your max needs to be higher than your opt. It would be more fuel efficient at FL388 than FL384 so the max is more like the "minimum". Not positive about this, feel free to correct anyone.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

No... it's not right. MAX should be higher than OPT.Tero

Yeh, thanks Tero.Nick, How do you even think that the MAX is more fuel sufficient then the OPT.Why do you think it's called "MAX"??? :(

While we are at it, the real aircraft's ECON OPT is not always accurate, this is why Boeing manuals are used in situations as this. Strictly speaking, I have never see an OPT more than the MAX yet so you are probably correct here....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Gents-OPT should never exceed MAX... theoretically that would require you to do unsafe things with the airplane...It's a known item- not planned for fix immediately... but it's known.