Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

Lights

Guest bigun

One thing to try on a long shot. Look in your FS.cfg file and scroll down to the "SEE_SELF" entry. Make sure it is =1, not =0. There are a couple of add-ons out there that change this in your config file and it WILL knock out your landing lights from the inside view. At least it does on my machine.

Guest bigun

Your right, but it does indeed knock out my landing lights from the inside view on my machine. Did you try it?

Guest bigun

Harps,yup, the standard for see_self should be =1. If it was 0 then that was not the default set up. Like I said, some add-ons (one payware that I know of, a Vickers will reset it to 0 but that screws all the other aircraft landing lights up. If it is set to 1 and your problem is solved everything is fine.

Guest nattydread

I have that same issue. Im not sure if the lights arent bright enough, it just seems to wash out the yellow lines.The landing lights seem to also partially wash out the nose gear taxi light, so much so it seems they arent on, or more accuratly they seem a lot dimmer relative to the landing lights.

I have an issue with the Taxi lights only for the 737-700. I can see the landing lights OK in cockpit view but not he taxi lights. I have satisfied all of the above suggestions, including "see_self=1". In any case I use the landing lights when taxiing and that satidfys me, but I still would like to know why the taxi lights are ineffective for me.regards,Tom Stewart

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker