Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

Lights

HiHow is possible that my landing lights and taxi lights iluminate the runway or taxiway? In spot view I have the lights iluminating both but when I turn to cockpit view, I can not see where i taxi because I can not see the yellow lines in the taxiways because light is not enough to iluminate both.harpsi

This sounds strange Harpsi, and I presume you're using a standard installation of the PMDG a/c? Have seen this problem before but with freeware a/c's.May it have to do with your settings for lights in Flight Simulator under the display settings? You might want to check that isn't the problem. If my memory serves me right, I have that setting at 8 which should be max for MSFS.Cheers,

Hello Harpsi, Are you saying that the landing lights and taxi lights do not work AT ALL from inside the cockpit? Or are you saying they are too dim for your preference?If they don't work at all from inside the cockpit, this is most likely a driver issue (I had a similar experience a year or so back). Upgrade, or roll back your video driverAlso, make sure you have "hardware rendered lights" maxed out to 8 in OPTIONS>DISPLAY>HARDWARE>If they are too dim for your preference, unfortunately, this is something that is hard coded into the GMAX model.Also, for the future, if you have any questions, please indicate the product that you are referring to. Thanks.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

HiIt was always like that. From outside the cockpit the lights iluminate the runway but from the cockpit they don

Hi,I had this problem with the new DF727. After a lot of searching, I found that I had installed some files that changed some of the lighting bitmat files. The file that was causing the problem was a replacement for the "spotlight.bmp" file called "spotlight2.bmp". Removing these files from the "Texture" folder and restoring the original "spotlight.bmp" from the CD did the trick. I've also heard that there were some problems with a replacement for the "halo.bmp" file. Good Luck.Charlie - KSBP

HiThose are two files I did a lot of changes. I use the new ones, but it was always like that even when I had the original ones ...harpsi

anyway I tried to change to the original ones still the samea lot of light in spot plane but no runway or taxiway iluminated from the cockpitharpsi

And what about other aircrafts, or is it just the PMDG a/c that gives you this kind of problem?

OK, I'm sorry I can't help you any further Harpsi but it seems you have a major problem with either your MSFS installation or with your graphics card/graphics drivers. Have you tried doing an reinstall? If not that's what I would suggest...or maybe start with just trying to delete the FS9.CFG file and let MSFS recreate it.Good luck solving your problem!

Guest bigun

One thing to try on a long shot. Look in your FS.cfg file and scroll down to the "SEE_SELF" entry. Make sure it is =1, not =0. There are a couple of add-ons out there that change this in your config file and it WILL knock out your landing lights from the inside view. At least it does on my machine.

Guest bigun

Your right, but it does indeed knock out my landing lights from the inside view on my machine. Did you try it?

Guest bigun

Harps,yup, the standard for see_self should be =1. If it was 0 then that was not the default set up. Like I said, some add-ons (one payware that I know of, a Vickers will reset it to 0 but that screws all the other aircraft landing lights up. If it is set to 1 and your problem is solved everything is fine.

Guest nattydread

I have that same issue. Im not sure if the lights arent bright enough, it just seems to wash out the yellow lines.The landing lights seem to also partially wash out the nose gear taxi light, so much so it seems they arent on, or more accuratly they seem a lot dimmer relative to the landing lights.

I have an issue with the Taxi lights only for the 737-700. I can see the landing lights OK in cockpit view but not he taxi lights. I have satisfied all of the above suggestions, including "see_self=1". In any case I use the landing lights when taxiing and that satidfys me, but I still would like to know why the taxi lights are ineffective for me.regards,Tom Stewart