Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Unable to use PMDG 737 anymore

This morning I tried seven times to start any of my PMDG 737, each time the system would hang first on the AIRAC load, I then downloaded the latest release, but still no luck, it now goes through the loading of the airac without any problem but crashes thereafter. Since all my other aircraft work properly, I suspect this is a PMDG issue and dread the reponse that will tell me to clean up my PMDG aircrafts and reinstall because my files are corrupted... Since I like to understand what I am doing, I would want to know why this happened in the first place especially since I did not change anything at all (no new installation or deletion) from the last time I used my 737.Thank you.

Jean-ClaudeIt's not necessarily a PMDG issue. As you load, more and more complex aircraft into FS. You put FS + your-complex-add-on more and more to the brink. If your system is not running well it might end up with a crash. And it seems that all add-ons and FS makes a nice web where all seems to be dependant on eachother. A most delicate setup to say the least.Now with that said. I don't have a clue what have happened to your setup. It might be something ni the FS files. It might be another add-on. Or it might even be the PMDG add-on. Very hard to troubleshoot and I think you are the only one able to tell what the problem is on your system. I've had occasional crashes with the PMDG during beta-testing and after. Removing and reinstalling has always helped for me. I also try to remove and reinstall my whole FS-setup once a year and a total reformat of my computer every second year. And that seems to keep the CTDs away!Do you have any more information on what is casuing the crash? Usually Windows will tell you what has gone wrong. Any information in the event logs? I'm assuming you run Windows XP here.Now to the dreaded answer! ;-) Without knowing anything about your crashes my best bet is for you to remove and reinstall the PMDG NG. You may want to backup your FLIGHTPLANS and SID/STAR folder. You might also want to backup your separate aircraft.cfg files.Hope it helps,

Hi Jean Claude, I am having the same trouble. Ever since i dowloaded the newest FSUIPC v3.45. Have you done this too??Otherwise will follow Mats' suggestion and try re-install.RegardsBen

Thanks friends.I did the reinstall of PMDG from scratch (by the way this is the third such reinstall in one year, hence my frustration) and of course everything works smoothly. Just another hour has been lost!To give you some hints, when I was loading any PMDG 737, it would start the Airac loading process, then the blackscreen for one minute or so and the dreaded CTD. All my other add-ons were ok, I tried them one by one at that same time and none had a single problem, thus my conclusion that for some unknown reasons PMDG files had a tendancy to get corrupted rather easily (?!) especially since the last planes I added to my collection date back to November and I fly four to five times a week.My setup runs on Windows XP and a 3.2 Gh computer with 2 G of Ram and a Radeon X800 pro, not a hardware issue it would seem. My FS start-up sessions are always with the default Cessna and the default scenery. I have been using your otherwise excellent planes for the past 18 months with pleasure.