Sign in to follow this  
Guest yylie1

B747-400

Guest yylie1

Hi there, 1900C is out already. But where is the more eagerly anticipated B747-400 package? Maybe it is really worth the wait. I was wondering about how about modifying the engine displays of the B747-400 to display different readings to make it more realistic like PSS did to their A330 series. Just look at the screenshots and you will see that the engines have different read outs just like on the real aircraft.Best regards,Melissa Liew

This is the difference between CFM and IAE engines. I'm sure that such vital things will be modelled.

Guest yylie1

I dun mean the GE, P&W and RR engine displays. That one even PSS managed to model it out on their PSS B747-400 what 5 years ago? I was hoping that the engine parameters will show 4 different sets of readouts just like in the real plane. How can ENG 1, ENG2, ENG3 and ENG 4 all show exactly the same readouts? The PMDG B737NG series is great but they dint include in this minor little detail. Both B737 engines showing exactly the same readouts isnt what i would consider relism and this is supposed to the most accurate B737 package available. I even read on the forum that real life pilots use this package to keep current? How to with several missing systems and mistakes? So far in flightsim i have only seens the PSS A330/ A340 series do this. BTW are the famous Word Not Allowed who did the BAE package?Regards,Melissa Liew

The realism you're talking about is in fact not there in real life, AFAIK, because of EEC corrective action taken to overcome exactly what you say.(Real drivers correct me, but I've not seen one video yet of a 747-400 to indicate variations in N1/EPR, unless the EEC were INOP).Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I'd assume the EEC would give uniform N1/EPR readings across all four engines since the primary purpose of the EEC is to manage thrust output, but I'd also guess that each engine would show slight variations EGT, Oil Press/Temp, fluid quantities, etc. Most of those readings are going to be on the lower EICAS and probably wouldn't be immediately apparent watching a video.-Lee Barber(Not a real 74 driver, but stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night)http://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

Hi Lefteris,> (Real drivers correct me, but I've not seen one video yet of a> 747-400 to indicate variations in N1/EPR, unless the EEC were> INOP).would a still image be sufficient for you? ;-) (Found on planepictures.net, courtesy of Henrik Plociennik)Surely, this is a minor variation but - as can be seen in the image as well - variations in secondary engine parameters like EGT can be significant.Best regards, Markus

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")

OK - I thought you guys meant significant changes, like those seen when flying non-EEC equipped aircraft.I am sure we can code those in... (after all, a little randomness in life never hurts).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest yylie1

Yeah, Nothing is perfect as there are bound to be some variation with the engine readouts. There are so many pictures of that on airliners.net. I was surprised that nobody at the PMDG development crew noticed this. Also would we be able to get the cockpit into test mode? Apparent also on the PMDG B737 series as well.Regards,Melissa LiewJust the links to some pictures of engine readoutshttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/796099/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/510541/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/287871/L/

Hi Lefteris,thanks for the reply.I forgot to add that significant deviation can occur, but, of course, these are related to engine malfunctions. I've seen quite a few of those in the Full Flight Simulator where my instructor (note: I'm not a real life pilot) was more than happy to trigger them more than once. I have no photograph, unfortunately.I am talking about those malfunctions which do not necessarily trigger an EICAS message but rather show an abnormal reading. Usually, these are associated with red boxes for the respective engine reading (e.g. N1 or EPR!) on the upper EICAS display. The proper action would be the ENGINE LIMIT/SURGE/STALL checklist in the QRH (NNC.7.12 in my edition).Best regards, Markus

Best regards,

>after all, a little>randomness in life never hurts... and my provide some respite from monotonous trans-oceanic crossings. ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Craig Davidson

enough talk about engine readouts. When is this thing going to come out. I know i have to be paitient, but i was expecting to have this thing for a christmas present and now its almost April? From the screenshots on the site what moe need to be done?

Guest flight78

Hi everyone ! nice thread !:). Thought i would add in a Question ive had a long time Ive watched a B744 video and saw some pics and ive always noticed the 744 is CLB mode during cruise !. Does this occur to all airlines??. Guess im gona have to fly this PMDG 744 beuty in CLB mode all the time during CRZ also then :(. Only goes to CRZ mode during decent. Quite odd if u ask me. I suppose this is for ATC purpose.Best regards: Alexander

Guest EGCC

I believe this is a company option, the same applies on the 757/767 (some airlines have it going to CRZ on reaching the cruise altitude, others have it programmed to stay in CLB).Andy.

I get different eng readouts every time I fly. But then again I am using a throttle quad from PFC.;)

Eric 

Hi Alexander,> I've always noticed the 744 is CLB mode during> cruise !. Does this occur to all airlines??.Andy got this right, it's an option on some airlines. Actually, it's in the Aerowinx 747-400 simulator (aka 'PS1') F.A.Q. list. See http://www.aerowinx.de/html/faq.html#faq2001Be prepared to find many answers on the 747-400 and 747-400 operations in the Aerowinx forum once the PMDG 747-400 is released. :-)Markus

Best regards,