Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Pervading this forum is the frustration of many who yearn for the Queen and are reprimanded for their impatience. Therefore I promise the following: I will buy the desktop model when the 747 is released, and not before.

>And please sign your posts with your name as per the forum>rules before the Queen comes out. ;) :-lolSo a reprimand on a reprimand. The customer is always wrong,(sigh)Macca22au

Guest SaVas

And as the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait"With that, I would rather PMDG make sure the Queen of the Skies is as close to perfect if not perfect, before releasing their sim magic to those who want nothing less than a flawlwess diamond in the virtual sky

Guest FattyBear

Eh, it won't be perfect. Nothing is perfect. If PMDG spent the next 5 years trying to perfect it, that'd be a dissapointment. Now, if they release it with just a few minor bugs, that's fine by me. I hope they post some previews soon. I heard that the screenshots are still in beta testing. ;-)

Guest ZOTAN

Do you guys know around what the price will be? I know PMDG hasnt announced it but what can I expect to pay?Matt

a 747-400 costs about 10 times the price of a 737NG. The NG package contains 2 aircraft, the 747 package probably as well (if they include a freighter).So as an upper limit I'd expect about 10 times the price of the 737 package :)

Guest aarskringspier

Luckily I just bough the entire series of 737 a couple weeks ago so I am so engrossed in them Im not worried about the 747. I would rather, as many have said, wait for a quality product rather than donload a seriously flawed one that requires a patch right after release because it was rushed. The 737 is awesome because they took the time to produce it, I wouldnt expect anything less from PMDG. if they turned out garbage would you be here waiting for another product or searching the web for another company?

Guest ahmedem

Not sure I can reason with $400 for my addon :-lol unless a pacmin desktop model in livery of your choice was included in the package that is!

Guest alexhn

When enquiring about price with PMDG, i was informed that it would be about that of a standard Level-D sim. (i.e. around $US50)

I did mention it was a reasonable upper limit. Never did I mention it to be what I expect the price to be :-lol

Guest cargo747

And there shall be consideration to those only wishing a "short upper-deck" :-), but then on the other side the pricing might leverage on the "increased Take-Off weight"... anyway... when they are ready, we will be ready :-)Cheers,Norbert - CLX001CEO Virtual Cargoluxwww.virtualcargolux.orgCLX_banner_grey.jpg

Guest Boaz

What I hear in these forums, are some saying that they cannot wait, and others telling them that they should not feel that way.I think we're all entitled to feel what we feel...As you can see below in my sig I am waiting. I am both patient and impatient.I want it NOW, but I don't want PMDG to stress or release an incomplete product, SO because of this attitude I am not completely impatient.What I can say, and I hope that you ( PMDG ) don't take this the wrong way, is that the screenshots on your page states: Updated on November 27. And well today is April 14.It's ok that you are working hard on her, a Queen deserves proper treatment. BUT I think you are what can I say, making the waiting feel longer, by not keeping up the spirit or refueling the spark in us patient costumors, if you know what I mean.I feel that viewing a single shot a week on a specific day, or simply updating something, would make the waiting seem less dull...I also think that upholding forum rules are up to PMDG and Avsim. That did not mean I shouldn't play by the rules, but seeing the first respons to a question or a problem with: ALWAYS SIGN YOUR POST...End of reply, is a crappy signal to send to others. That person could have thought that the first reply would be the answer he/she was hoping for.Please, I know you want to be loyal to PMDG, so do I, but I think it's disrespectful towards that person.That was what I had on my chest today... G'day...Boaz...

Have you worked in software development?I have and still do professionally and I get questions like this all the time too.The problem is that quite often a long time can go by without visual changes to a product that nonetheless see a lot of changes that aren't readily apparent in a screenshot or even a short presentation of features.In this case that could be FMC (and general gauge) programming, FDE development and finetuning, things like that.Remember the outrage among some when they saw the first prerelease screenshots of FS2004?There was a lot of shouting that nothing had changed at all from FS2002 except some ground textures. And indeed from the screenshots that was the most apparent change that had taken place.But the changes to the weather engine, FDE engine, etc. etc. are far more massive yet quite invisible in a screenshot.

FWIW, I have heard that the program that takes the screenshots is actually still in alpha. Once that program goes beta, they should start taking some screenies of the Queen.;-)

Eric