Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

747-400 Update

Guest Callmecapt

Peter, you're obviously not alone in wanting updates, but have a read of the origial post made by Captain Rob.The last line of his post says they will update us as soon as they can.Not attacking your enthusiasm, but I've learned to relax a bit and let them get on with it. Asking them for an update every weekend will only make them angrier and more frustrated and when that happens, they can lose a spanner in one of the engines or something then they'll be set back by another week.Patience buddy, patience. It'll be released. They've spent all this time on it so far and it's extremely unlikely they'll chuck it all in.Can you imagine?RegardsGoran

Guest FattyBear

The problem is that at the bottom of last weekend's update they said another one would come next weekend. This created unwanted impatience when they didn't make that deadline, similar to posting release dates. I have no problem with them delaying updates. They have lives, too. But some users do not give much slack.

I'm wondering in all these questions of updates on the Queen how many emails people at Boeing are getting from the numerous executives from the 20 airlines that have ordered the 787 about how the status of the development of the new Dreamliner is going. Silly assimulation you think? I don't.Being a software developer by trade, ifI was always getting asked the status of our packages, and wanting to see screen shots of how our products are going, I'd drop off the email list/forum as well, or, just not announce development until the product was ready for distribution.Gentlemen and ladies - I'm sure they will let us know when there are updates - we have to be patient, just like all those executives at the various airlines that have ordered the Dreamliner are. The end result will be the same - we'll both get the product we are all waiting for!

Guest Knikolaes

AHA! I want my Dreamliner NOW!!!**wakes up**Ick. . I hate reality . . . . for a moment there I thought I was rich beyond compare. **laughs**Heeeeey . . . . eventually that would be a sweet addon for FS as soon as more comes about as to what she will be like in real life. We'll know in 2008 Though :-)Chris

Guest ZOTAN

Do you guys remember right before the Virtual cockput update was released, the devolopers became really quiet. They didnt post anything in the the threads relating to the status of the 747, MD-11 etc. I have a feeling it will still come out this weekend, last time it was somewhere around 10pm PST I think.Matt

>The issue here( in this Thread only), is that PMDG needs to>acknowledge the status of that "promise". And that is the>purpose of this thread.>So far, they havent, but as one said earlier....The weekend>isnt over.>>Really simply.........>>>Im sure you understand that part!>>Peter C Osborn>The only part I understand is this quote from Mr. Randazzo in this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=81055&page=>We'll be in touch with the next update just as soon as we can.In really simple terms, this is not a "promise" but a reasurance that an update, when available, will be posted.I wonder if any of the people that post about the 744 requesting/demanding/begging/whining for information, updates, release dates, prices, features etc. realise how childish and immature these posts can get? It's like being in elementary school. I wouldn't blame PMDG if they locked/deleted all 744 posts here and placed any and all updates on their website. Just my "Really Simple" opinion.Outta here,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

John....RELAX......no need to be so personal....I cant possibly understand why you are so upset.My freind now one forces you to read these.Not to mention you not only have read this thread many times, but have replied many as well.Sounds to me like the only one doing the complaining around here is you bro!relax....really really simple.Pmdg is the ONLY ones who have a right to complain about this thread!

Peter Osborn

>>RELAX......>>no need to be so personal....Did I say anything directly personal on my last post? No! It was a general observation and opinion. I beleive some may take it personal.... maybe even you, but if that's the way you think, you may want to ask yourself why.>>I cant possibly understand why you are so upset.My freind now>one forces you to read these.Not upset at all, just playing devil's advocate. ;)>>Not to mention you not only have read this thread many times,>but have replied many as well.>>Sounds to me like the only one doing the complaining around>here is you bro!OK, Bro, I've asked this before and still have not received a link. Where is the 'promise' that obviously started this thread? I posted a link and if this isn't it, please let me know.>>relax....really really simple.>>Pmdg is the ONLY ones who have a right to complain about this>thread!I am relaxed, and since when does an observation that doesn't jive with someone's opinion become a complaint? All I ask is a direct link to the 'promise' and I'll leave the thread alone.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Callmecapt

Peter, no offence, but that's crap. Public forum, public thread, opinions are free to air by anyone. Requests on updates for the 747 are really turning me off even buying it anymore. Now if it has this effect on me, it will have the same effect on some others. Why do you want updates so badly anyway? Lets say they're working on the IRS at the moment. How much more satisfied will you be with this information? How far along are they? Say 60%. 60% of what???Get my point? There is no point in asking for updates if they haven't posted any. If they haven't posted any updates, it means there is nothing of significance to post.Now if you ordered an A380 from airbus and spent $250M on it and they promised a delivery date and they missed it, then you can complain. You know why? Because that A380 is going to make you money. My feeling is the more you ask for updates, the less they'll tell us about upcoming projects. You know it's coming, it will most likely be the best add on out there, you haven't spent any money on it yet, so just chill and head on over to http://www.airliners.net and have a look at some 747's over there.Goran

Hi Goran,Thanks for your input indeedyou wote: Now if you ordered an A380 from airbus and spent $250M on it and they promised a delivery date and they missed it, then you can complain.I say, Im not complaining.. Im not sure if that was directed at me or just in general.So i have offically claered the " air" . NO COMPLAINTS ALLOWED in this thread.ONLY inquires, which is how I started this thread.Thank you!

Peter Osborn

>I cant possibly understand why you are so upset.>Not to mention you not only have read this thread many times,>but have replied many as well.>>Sounds to me like the only one doing the complaining around>here is you bro!>>relax....really really simple.>>Pmdg is the ONLY ones who have a right to complain about this>thread!>Seems like you are the only one who is upset; not to mention the only one who is complaining. Take your own advice and relax.

John,Im not at all clear why we keep going in circles.But I apologize.You are correct. There was no offical promise from Pmdg.I think perhaps, what i really want I.. I found from Cpt RSR himself, in a thread.So ..... since this has been answered, and for those of you wondering the answer :"In order to do this weekend's update, I need some supporting materials from two of our developers- and both of these folks are traveling this weekend...""Once we get all the pieces in place for this update- we'll put it here.... Don't worry!"Issue closed! Really simple!Thank you colluegues!Capn' Oz

Peter Osborn

Guest ZOTAN

No one has even payed a dime for this yet, and you guys are complaining that an update has not been released yet. I could understand you complaining if you purchased it, and if PMDG promised an update, but neither of those two things have occured so you guys should not be complaining. There are other things in life besides FS.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

You know, just because you keep your composure and don't let yourself degrade into an angry 7th grader doesn't mean your request is anymore reasonable. It is, however, a nice change that impatient folks are being polite, so keep it up. :)The reality is that PMDG will do things in their own time, so give it a rest. Promise or no promise, it happens when it happens. I doubt they will accelerate their development due to this post... As I said, you'll be hearing more than enough info as the release gets closer. Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

"In the meantime guys go get ITVV's 747-400 cockpit video"Can someone tell me what the link is for this video? Thanks guys! Best regards, Moss1EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I thought it was a site with downloads. I see they sell the DVDs. Thanks anyway. Looking forward to the the Queen.