Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

747-400 Update

Last weekend two of the team members were unavaliable, and we recieved no update as was said. Yes many of us were disappointed, but you can make it up to us all by posting them this weekend. Your customers will appreciate this... You can bet on it!~Thank you.Capn' Oz

Peter Osborn

CRJ Captain

Total FS hours Logged:18,000+

Relax ....Im only asking for what PMDG already said they would give us, nothing more, nothing less....Really simple.

Peter Osborn

CRJ Captain

In the meantime guys go get ITVV's 747-400 cockpit video. I was watching it last night - awesome spectacle and gives you a lot of insight how pros fly this airplane. By the way, I often found here statements from real pilots "rarely used V/S mode" - let me tell you Virgin Atlantic flyers use it and they even tell you why. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Michael J.

Guest glenb

A little off topic but I also have the ITV

I don't see a point here. With the simulator you can try whatever you want - it is (to a degree) better than any video since it allows for intercation. If video then it better be the real thing.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Michael J.

Also have Virgin video, saw it only partially today but will watching detailed tomorrow. I can also say it's just too good!

Guest glenb

Michael,You have a point. It is fun to learn by trial and error or reading the manual. But there are times I would like to SEE how it is done by the professionals. Next to a ride in the jump seat a video would be great for that. As we have seen in this forum and from the manuals everyone does not use the same procedures. Using what I know I build my own procedures and make modifications as I see the need. I have enjoyed many many hours of using PMDG 737NG and I have learned a lot and I am looking forward to many more flights with the 737NG and the 747-400.

Um, lets try to keep focused here fellows!thanks Capn Oz

Peter Osborn

CRJ Captain

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Focused on what? They're taking their time, so what? The weekend is not over yet (not even sure when it ends for 'em). And even if it was, they will post these updates at some point. Keep in mind they'll want to hype the product as much as possible before release, so give it time. You'll have more than enough info at some point before release. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

>Relax ....>>Im only asking for what PMDG already said they would give us,>nothing more, nothing less....>>Really simple.>>Relaxing is fine and that is what I was doing while the 744 threads had found their way off the front page for a while.As someone who has done beta testing and developing I feel for PMDG in the fact that they want to give the best product they can produce yet keep people informed as to updates and progress within reason. I can tell you that at some points in development the progress is in a backwards fashion and what is expected one week is far from what is actually available the next week. If they said they would give an update but have missed the mark, I believe it's for a valid reason and they're working on getting us the best 744 out there and not actually diverting resources to give us a promised update for a product that hasen't even earned a cent yet.That being said, Really simple, Relax.....Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

>In the meantime guys go get ITVV's 747-400 cockpit video. I>was watching it last night - awesome spectacle and gives you a>lot of insight how pros fly this airplane. By the way, I often>found here statements from real pilots "rarely used V/S mode">- let me tell you Virgin Atlantic flyers use it and they even>tell you why. >>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg I just got that video myself. I watched part of it, but the only video I have made it through in the series is the ITVV Leisure 767. Are they bad videos? HECK NO!! They are AWESOME!!! The fact of why I havent made it through them is I get about 20 minutes into one and get this urge to go fly the beast I am watching in the sim. I start getting the shakes and have to get up there virtually with these guys.Now what I bloody need is 2 computers next to each other so I can watch the video while flying. . . . then I'd make it through **smiles**In other words, I agree with Michael -- get the video -- they are wonderful!!!!Chris

>>>Relaxing is fine and that is what I was doing while the 744 threads had found their way off the front page for a while.John, Obviously you cant keep yourself from reading these threads!You couldnt resist ....No worries my freind, the other 200 plus readers, including myself multiple times, are in the same " boat"..I agree with you and understand about the development. The issue here( in this Thread only), is that PMDG needs to acknowledge the status of that "promise". And that is the purpose of this thread.So far, they havent, but as one said earlier....The weekend isnt over.Really simply.........Im sure you understand that part!

Peter Osborn

CRJ Captain

yep ITVV are the best ones, bar noneI wish they had somthing for the NG series though