Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

VC Clarity - Closeup Pictures

>For example, using the hat switch on your joystick to turn>your head around the cockpit can possibly take several seconds>to change your view which I find annoying. >real life I would turn my head almost instantly.I have to disgaree with this. Human head weights quite a bit and turning it is not an "instant" thing - actually I can claim that with my hat switch or by using Active Camera I can get to your view much quicker than turning my head in real life. By the way - Active Camera (if you never heard of this product) is the answer to your question how to get quickly to certain pre-programmed views like for example the overhead panel.I, also based on my own experience, question use of zoom. We don't zoom in real life so why would you do it in a sim. What PMDG only wanted to show in those heavily zoomed pics is that the panels are still relativel sharp 'despite' the zoom. If on the other hand primary displays are fuzzy and difficult to read from their normal viewing angle/distance then there is a true problem with the VC. If I was forced to zoom in to read stuff I would quickly abandon the VC and go to the 2D panel. So this is what I think ;)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

I agree, go with Active Camera (Essential program) or increase the pan rate in your fs9.cfg so you can speed it up.-PSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest D-EVIL

Some close-ups from the 2D panel are needed. hahaEverything looks good. I like it. Keep it coming.

Guest Knikolaes

Actually what he is doing is using the default pan rate.What you want to do is go into your FS9.CGF folder and change the pan rate from 400 to 900. Then you'll have perfect panning rate.ACTUALLY I take that back -- perfect to me anyway. You may want to adjust up or down to get whatever rate is perfect for you.That 400 default speed that FS shipped with is so seriously slow I am surprised the folks at Microsoft didn't think about speeding it up. **shrug** But at least they made it easy for US to speed up **smiles**

There is also hardware that makes looking around in VC mode a breeze. The hardware, using reflective material attached to your forehead or nose (personally I use a cap) and an IR transmitter/receiver placed on your monitor, senses when you move your head and returns it like mouse movements.You can also lean your body forward/backward or sideways. Say that you lean forward you can actually see what is behind the yoke. Or if you lean to the right and tilt our head slightly upwards, you are looking at the overhead panel from straight under. I use this hardware, trackIR, mainly for VFR flying but it works great also in eg PMDG737. I know, I've "advertised" TrackIR before but I really think it's such a great product! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Just use Track IR with Vector. That way, you control panning and zooming as you were sitting there. Tony

>There is also hardware that makes looking around in VC mode a>breeze. The hardware, using reflective material attached to>your forehead or nose (personally I use a cap) and an IR>transmitter/receiver placed on your monitor, senses when you>move your head and returns it like mouse movements.I imagine that tiny head movements produce big changes on the screen. So isn't this stuff too sensitive??Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

There are two modes, one where small movements of your head make rapid changes and one where you can move your head quite a bit and still having a rather stable view forward. In the second mode, if you keep your head slightly turned for a couple of seconds it realizes that you actually want to turn the view so it does speed up the movement.You switch between these two modes with a freely assigned key. So I tend to use the first mode when eg I'm flying downwind to land and want to keep an eye out for the runway.When I first read about TrackIR I certainly had my doubts wether it actually would work. Now it's really second nature and I often unconsciously turn my head even when I'm in 2D view.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Just to let everyone know, one of the other testers made a really great set of Active Camera profiles for the plane that I'm sure will get posted after release - one set shows a typical flight simmer perspective (overhead viewed straight on from below etc) and the other set is designed to closely replicate what he sees in the real plane sitting in the seat - the realistic ones are great and it makes it very very easy to fly the whole flight from the VC using the CTRL+#'s view presets.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Knikolaes

Awesome, Ryan. Very nice. The RL views are what I will enjoy **smiles**

Guest Tomlin

>WooOOOooot, looks good PMDG!>>However I have the following suggestion;>>Are you taking any innovations in the VC camera control? The>reason I ask is that I am put off by most VC views by the lack>of practicality to simulate what a real pilot would see in>real life.>>For example, using the hat switch on your joystick to turn>your head around the cockpit can possibly take several seconds>to change your view which I find annoying. Like when I'm>taxing...it takes a while to go from looking out of my window>to looking the other way out of my copilots window, whereas in>real life I would turn my head almost instantly. Also, yes>those screenshots look great, but they are all zoomed in close>which can take several seconds to set up. Say I want to look>down at my FMC I have to scroll over, zoom in (& probably have>to adjust camera again) wasting seconds doesnt sound like a>big deal, but if your trying to get the feel of a live flight>it can be real annoying. Going to over head panel, adjusting>autopilot, changing N1 limits or whatever on the FMC, the>control system for the camera just does nothing to help in my>opinion. (also I will mention that on PMDG 737 you can't see>the FMC properly from the VC because the flight column is in>the way!)>>There is a chance here for yet another innovation in this>product. I suggest something like an override key that when>you hold it down, it lets your joystick control your head. So>you can turn slow, or real fast. Mayber in override mode, the>rudders can control zoom. How about being able to bookmark>viewpoints in the cockpit too?>>what do you think>? :)THIS is why us flight deck builders do what we do...the only view we worry about is the one out the front window. Everything else is hardware!However, for most of us, it's also a 3-6 year journey because of all the $$$!

Guest Knikolaes

Indeed. I hope mine is less than that, because if I get a big enough refund on my pell Grant I am finishing off my PPL and thus not worrying about hardware on the computer, because I'd rather be using hardware in the real thing. **smiles**I am, however, looking forward to eventually placing GoFlight modules on here to compliment what I already have from CH Products. :-)

Guest Jbrady2020

here is a way to tweak your pan ratePAN_RATE=400 for faster rate PAN_RATE=550 up to 650 anything faster will make it too fast.hope this helps file path should be C:DOCUMENT SETTINGSUSERNAMEAPPLICATION DATAMICROSOFTFS9FS9.configmake sure to have your folder options set so u can see hidden files.

Guest Knikolaes

I think that really depends on framerates and computer performance. I have run this on two machines. On one machine, my slower machine, you are right, anything faster than 600 was too fast and it started to "jump". But on the machine I am on now, which is a mid-range machine (not major gamer like most) I have it set to 800 and it works beautifully.Best way to do it is play with it and find what is best for you and your machine :-)