Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr.Sambo

Information about the new 747-400 software!

Hallo Captains, I'm Tommy, from Rome.I'm taking a look to the new 747-400 screenshots and I'm really impressed!I just would like to know if anyone knows if there will be the Virtual Cabin, too (like in the old 737 NG software)!Thanx a lot, and have a nice day!TOMMY

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A cabin for the upper deck is included in the model.

Just to let you know, I do not care about ANY cabin. But will the VOR receiver make morse code sounds when I select the NAV1 on Audio Panel? :-)- Neeraj

Will it be capable of doing full VNAV approaches as per the aircraft?

Will it wake up in the morning and cook me breakfast, take my kid to school, tell my wife how great she is, fetch the paper, feed the dog, shave me, wipe my rear endsky, change the oil in my truck, mow the lawn, solve the mid east problems, create a new energy source and make cotton candy?If it doesnt then Im really not interested. Im sick of sims with worthless stuff like "Ailerons" or "Auto Pilot" I want something that really stands out from the rest, not this garbage Ive been seeing.Geez.

I understand where this thread is heading but i had to ask is it possible to have wing views with the 747 without VC really curious thats all?

All I did was ask a sensible question as this is an area that I'm interested in. What's your problem with that? Tell me please.

Hello PMDG,Would you please answer my question? It's in the second post.Thanks,Dirk

>Will it wake up in the morning and cook me breakfast, take my>kid to school, tell my wife how great she is, fetch the paper,>feed the dog, shave me, wipe my rear endsky, change the oil in>my truck, mow the lawn, solve the mid east problems, create a>new energy source and make cotton candy?>>If it doesnt then Im really not interested. Im sick of sims>with worthless stuff like "Ailerons" or "Auto Pilot" I want>something that really stands out from the rest, not this>garbage Ive been seeing.>>Geez.LOL!:-roller:-roller:-roller:-roller:-rolleryou're a funny bugger mate!

So many questions... Yes, it will make you breakfast (continental only, none of the fancy stuff) and it probably does VNAV approaches as well (since it has VNAV, I would guess so ;)).There is an upper deck cabin included and the reason why the lower deck isn't modeled is simply an issue of performance. Adding another large amount of polygons will result in very undesirable frame rates, and as you can read in the IFC reports, our plane performs very well as it is right now.Why did we tell you it would be included earlier? Simple - we like to lie to you. ;)But seriously, that was back in March and things simply change. We've made many additions and subtractions from the features list as we progressed mostly due to time, feasibility or performance concerns.

Hi Simmo i have no problem with it at all i really want to know if i can have wing views wothout being able to walk to the wing which would only be possible if the lower deck exists. I was asking an honest question with no sarcasm in it, thats all.

Marc, I remember that before you stated roundabout March that you would include a full cabin, you'd said only upper deck? I'd always based my thoughts on that earlier comments for some reason :)

The product page always stated 'upper deck cabin' because we weren't sure if we would include the full cabin. In our eternal pursuit to please everyone, Vin thought about including the full cabin but we realized it would be too much of an impact on performance (which would have made other people upset).Meanwhile, there is a cabin... there's a plane... a cockpit and so on. This plane is really loaded for everyone to enjoy.Cheers!

It wasn't aimed at you Flightsimmer. It was that other clown. I'm the same as you, I just want to know what the capabilities of the software are. Cheers.

Wow that upset because I was being light hearted about the questions being asked?

No worries, I thought it was funny.And while on the topic, we are trying to have some fun here. The 747 is an amazing plane and with all the work we are doing on it, it becomes difficult to answer each and every question. But hey- we're trying. :)

You like to lie to me?!! Well, then I like to lie to you too. Your are absolutely the most arrogant, ignorant and imcopentent developers that I have ever seen in the FSworld! I just don't understand what all the fuss is about.;-)Have a nice day,Dirk

I just came back from the Shrink and he says I have FSAAS (FlightSim Add-on Acquisition Syndrome) of the PMDG B747-400 variety. Nasty affliction this. Please help.

Yeah okay then. It's just that it came across to me as a smartarse answer.

Does the plane have an autopilot? Also, in the prefrences list, will I be able to specify that I like the end cut of prime rib, medium, extra au-jus, hold the horsey sauce, light on the potatoes, heavy on the creamed spinich, and extra yorkshire pudding? If it cant do that, well then......still thinking of what I'm going to do......I'm going to cry up and down and say PMDG planes suck...time to go find the credit card:-bang

>Earlier, you told us that there would also be part of the>lower deck cabin! >>See:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=77116&page=>>Why has it changed, if I may ask? I do not use the cabin that>much, but I'd prefer the lower deck cabin much more than the>upper.>>DirkDoes it really matter? What are you gonna do - fly the aircraft from first class? Be real - the aircraft is for flying not for passengering.Andy b