Sign in to follow this  
Guest bmac613

Alrightie, thats it...

Guest bmac613

Hello to all, So there I was searching the net, and checking out the good ol PMDG site.I happened to come across the 747-400 manual in the downloads section. Between work, and finsihing up the flight training in the RW, I sim and have been really interested in the Queen of the Skies project Being an owner of the NG series, and for its time it was probably one of, if not the groundbreaking addon aircraft, I have always expected alot of PMDG, since Ive seen what you all can do. So im reading through the manual, in particular the virtual cockpit section, and i see the following:"Rudder Pedal Adjustment: Click the crank behind each yoke to adjust the rudder pedal distance" Ok, hold up, time out. Rudder Pedal adjustment???? You guys have to be kidding me. Frankly, im a little scared to read on further. After this I would expect other features like "Jetlag simulator" or"Terrible airplane coffee" simulator. I hope you all realize how many simmers are literally going to be pelting RW 47 drivers with all the technical questions learned from your product. The traditional ho hum cockpit visit will never been the same.Well done on the project (thus far), keep up the good work. And for the love of god when its done, take a break!Satisfied Customer,BrianCYOWAlmost 250 wonder

Guest Callmecapt

Safe to say, you've hit the tip of the iceberg.Goran

Yeah, I nearly passed out after reading, "A multitude of other non-essential animations await your discovery in the cockpit." I'm probably going to get repetetive stress injury from clicking every square inch of the VC.Jared Smith

the sunshades are my favorite and will come in handy when cruising on freighter runs. I agree, amazing the level of detail!

Guest Knikolaes

> I hope you all realize how many simmers are literally going>to be pelting RW 47 drivers with all the technical questions>learned from your product. The traditional ho hum cockpit>visit will never been the same.>>Well done on the project (thus far), keep up the good work.>And for the love of god when its done, take a break!>>Satisfied Customer,>>Brian>CYOW>Almost 250 wonder>>Too bad there is no such thing as cockpit visits anymore :-(

>Too bad there is no such thing as cockpit visits anymore :-(not entirely true, I have and I'm sure many others have been to the cockpit after 9/11(not inflight). Just last month I visited the flight decks of 2 sepeprate Cathay 744s.cheersPatrick

don't know in the US but in Europe with a "bit" of luck and the right presentation you still get in the cockpit in-flight... :) Luca

double post.. sorry. :/ Luca

Guest Knikolaes

Aye I was referring to in-flight. I haven't even looked into trying to visit any on the ground. And I have to concur that though i have heard of some leway in Europe, the US has become utterly strict over such things.The last couple flights I have been on I couldnt even request a copy of the flight plan at the end of the flight. The airline said they quit doing even that because of new security procedures.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Yeah, US carriers are not even worth asking. Ever notice that video companies Just Planes and ITVV nver feature any US carriers? Those that were are pre-9/11.On topic, I'm with the author. How many system degraders (i.e. usless animations) do we need? They're cool features and all, but I don't want them if they degrade overall performance....

Ted-Perhaps a bit of education is in order about "system degraders" before we have you running off to complain about something that doesn't exist:The animation techniques that are available for use in the VC have no impact on frame rates. Not one that you can measure, at an rate.If they had an impact on FPS, it would not be possible to model every switch and knob in the cockpit within the VC. Most of us on the development team are getting equal or better FPS in the VC than we get with the 2D cockpit specifically because we used some unique animation techniques...So please- lets not run around with bogus information. If you have a question about the impact of something- let us know. We'll do our best to answer it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com