Sign in to follow this  
Guest marcPMDG

Explore the Land of the Rising Sun - with SU1!

Guest Marc Harrington

Fly over 500 people from A to B in just over an hourThe upcoming Service Update 1 for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies will add a new "hide winglets" option that allows simmers to recreate flights of the 747-400D "Domestic" version. This 747 variant is exclusively operated in Japan by All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines to fly high-density domestic routes such as Tokyo-Osaka. Thus, making it the perfect addition for enthusiasts interested in short flights that follow real airline schedules/routings. Accurately registered -400D liveries for JAL and ANA will be available at PMDG's download center, a free service available for 747-400 Queen of the Skies customers.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...G747400D_JL.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...G747400D_NH.jpgNew JAL colors will also be available.

Guest pierre974

All thumbs up for PMDG team and developers :-sun1 That's very good news (and it worths the waiting)...That's state-of-the art add-on !Thank you so much and keep going on...

Guest Dreamliner

I really really love you guys~~~~:-jumpy

Those are really very nice shots Marc... :-) Yes, sorry for cheerleading but PMDG is really a good company,and I mean it sincerely.Outstanding products and support.I might consider add one of those 'proud PMDG supporter banner sooner or later!

Guest Robin.B

This is really THE best add-on! The Service pack includes everything that I've ever wished the aircraft had that it didn't already have, and the Domestic option just tops it. Wonderful work from you guys :D

What does "no winglets" do exactly? I've never heard of that, maybe someone could explain.Thanks!Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest FattyBear

Simply means that it will have no winglets (the vertical surfaces that protrude from the tips of the wings). Usually on longer range routes winglets can save big money. However, sometimes the cost of them plus the drag created doesn't warrant their use on smaller routes such is with the Domestic variant. Also, gate space might be an issue when considering whether or not to use winglets.

Lol, thanks for explaining what winglets look like, I wasn't sure. :-lolSo you're saying that when installed they increase range significantly?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Marc Harrington

Not significantly, but over the years the savings add up.

I was under the impression that wingtips reduced drag by eliminating wingtip spill - when the high pressure air under the wing and the low pressure above the wing spill over the side creating turbulance thus creating drag.Just my two cents =)Tom Moretti

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Except for the winglets, are there any other differences between an ordinary 744 and a 744D?

Marius S

Guest mwampler

>Except for the winglets, are there any other differences>between an ordinary 744 and a 744D?The D model has an all-economy class seating config... don't ask for a first class (or business class) seat on a JAL or ANA domestic 744 flight, because you'll be disappointed. ;)