Sign in to follow this  
Gwhaarmann

737 Add-on

I presently have the download of PMDG 737 NG kind of new at it. Still trying to get the FMC down where I am comfortable with it. Reading the forums I notice more chatter about 600/700 and 800/900. My questions is , since I would like to spend my time with the latest version, do I need to purchase both of the newer ones or would the 800/900 make me current? George H

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

Just my opinion: I updated the 800/900 within about a week of first buying the 737NG. I did it in the hopes that conditional fixes would work, which they mostly don't. However, I noticed a marked improvement in the quality of the panel graphics.In hindsight, I wouldn't upgrade because I pretty much stick to the -700 variant and fly the SWA routes (SWA doesn't own 800/900s). I think PMDG oughta fix the conditional fix bug (it's listed on their maintenance board). The flip side is the better graphics.Again, not to create a firestorm, this is just my opinion. I am kinda disappointed with the extra fee PMDG got out of me. In fact, if you check their sales pitch for the 800/900 there's not really anything there worth the extra bucks until they do fix the constraints bug.Having said all that... my overall opinion of the product is good. I am spending a lot of time flying around in SWA colors; having a ball.

Dan Downs KCRP

>I presently have the download of PMDG 737 NG kind of new at>it. Still trying to get the FMC down where I am comfortable>with it. Reading the forums I notice more chatter about>600/700 and 800/900. My questions is , since I would like to>spend my time with the latest version, do I need to purchase>both of the newer ones or would the 800/900 make me current?>>> George HIf you want TCAS, you will want to purchase the 800/900 so you can have it in the 700-900.- John

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

- John Drago

Thanks Dan , John, Hate to show my "newness" but.... Whats TCAS. I've seen the term but???? George

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

Traffic Collision Avoidance System. The little symbols that display on the ND (Navigational Display) when traffic is getting close and may be a conflict. The 800/900 upgrades the 600/700 to include all variants with it, plus it has realistic visual and aural indicators that tell you what to do to avoid getting hit. Very fancy and neat.Plus the 800/900 includes a handful of nice functions on the MCP and FMC that you won't get with the 600/700 alone. It may seem like a lot to pay, but it's totally worth it if you're a big 737 flyer/fan. I could never see just going back to the 600/700.

- Chris Jefferies

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU

Thanks all. Guess I'll splurge and get it. Cris.... I'm in Mesa

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan