Sign in to follow this  
hpstassen

TOGA crashing MSFS

Gentlemen,ever since I installed the freighter version of the 400, initation of a go-around using the "TOGA screw" on the MCP causes MSFS to crash to desktop in better than 50% of cases (AP on in all cases).This is true of the freighter and the PAX version, even though I never had this problem with the PAX version before I installed the freigher version. I've observed the problem both with the initial release and the 1.01 update of the freighter.What am I doing wrong and/or how can I fix this?Thank you,H. Peter Stassen

The first thing I would do is to delete the fs9.cfg file and then restart FS9 to build a new one. You will have to reset your "settings" through the opening screen. Then try flying/TOGA again. Sometimes the fs9.cfg file gets corrupted when installing add-on aircraft or new video drivers -- at least that's my experience.Try that and see what happens.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest GW Norris

PeterI totally agree with the FS9.cfg file suggestionI posted a problem after installing the Freighter version about not being able to undock any panels and put them on my other monitor. Even though I never had a problem with any other aircraft including the PMDG 747 PAX concerning undocking and moving panels, untill the Freighter.I uninstalled the Freighter and reinstalled it and everything was fine again untill I exited the sim and then restared FS9 and to my surprise the problem was back again.It has baffeled me for 3 days now, I looked in all the config files to see if I noticed anything out of the ordinary but nothing caught my eye, untill today I was back in the FS9.cfg file searching every line and I noticed that under the REALISM section of the file it listed the line INDASPD ( indicated airspeed ) had an =0 even though it should have said =1, and the line for TRUEASP said =False, which was OK. I changed the line for INDASP to a =1 ( because I had originally selected that to be yes in the fs9 settings. I reloaded the sim and wow, everything was working fine, as it was before I installed the Freighter. I noticed that everytime you exit the sim, your FS9.cfg file gets modified, at least mine does, because now I check it everytime I exit the sim and the modified date and time on the file is the same as my last exit from the sim. Ever since I modified that line manually, my undocking problem has not returned and I have loaded up and exited numerous times and that line stays at =1 and my undocking problem hasn't returned yet ( knock on wood ). Hope the FS9.cfg file fixes your problem.

Thank you both for the advice. It appears that it worked.In particular, it seems that the indicated airspeed option was the culprit. It must somehow have become corrupted.Cheers,Peter

Guest GW Norris

Just a follow up on my previous suggestion to Check the INDASP= line in your fs9.CFG file and put an =1 there instead of an =0. It fixed my panel undocking problem since installing the Freighter, However, the problem has returned. I have since then built a completely new fs9.CFG file and that INDASP line does indeed have an =0 after it in a brand new file after going thru the fs9 settings completely from scratch. I even checked an old FS2002 cfg file that I printed off when I first installed it many years ago and it showed the same entry. So what I'm saying is that it didn't fix my problem so if you changed that line to a =1 it could be wrong. I haven't checked with anyone else that dosen't have similar problems to see what they have for that line in the config file.I am continuing my testing and so far, nothing concrete except that it appears that with the house livery everything is normal ( not sure if it is DXT3 format or 32bit. I installed all the extra liveries for the Freighter in DXT3 and I am wondering if that has something to do with it. However I have other payware aircraft in DXT3 liveries that don't cause any problems, it's just the Freighter that has made this surface and only in that aircraft. The PAX version is fine and always has beenfurther testing continues.

H.P.-Did you land on your feet, old friend?Ran into someone who we know in common- he wondered where you'd wound up...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello Robert,Thank you for asking. I left the airline in November to return to my engineering job. When I left it was more for personal reasons than anything else, but it turned out to be a well-timed move, I suppose.How are you doing?Peter

Guest spiers

Hi, im having the same problem but cant seem to find the file you are all editing. Cfg means Configuration settings file type doesnt it? I tried searching through Flight Simulator folder but couldnt find it. Searching through all file types brought up lots of files, non of which seem right.Thanks.

Hi,I have still the same problem here. Every time I initiate a go-around (via the TOGA screw). The FS will crash....The deletion of the fs9.cfg, fsuipc.ini and reinstalltion of the 747+747F didn't help!!Any chance to fix this??TIA for help!

Regards Marc

[EUR VOR RDL 205 DME 15.7]