Sign in to follow this  
Guest 744nut

Routes in FMC

Guest 744nut

PMDG team,After punching a new route in the FMC my arm always needs a rest ;-) The real FMC is much more easy: you only have to fill in the airways on the left side of the route page. The FMC than connects the airways and the left part of the page with the fixes is filled in automatically:-)Can you add this RW feature at a next upgrade?regardsTon

Hi TonYou underestimate the ability of PMDG to produce a brilliant fmc, because the function that you require is already modelled by the fmc, but it is not on page 1 of the route page it is on page 2. So when you have entered your depart airport and arrive airport and your depart runway and your SID go to route page two, and you can then enter on the left side, the airway, and the right side your furthest waypoint for that airway, and when you look at the legs page all the interim waypoints will be there. Hope this helps.regardsJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest 744nut

Hi John,I think I have not been clear (-: Suppose I have to connect airways A100 and A101. The connection is fix PMDG :-) In the real FMC I punch in A100 in the LSK L1 followed by A101 in the LSK L2. The FMC searches than in the database and comes up with......PMDG or another fix where A100 and A101 connect.Hopes this clarifies my request :-)Ton

Hi again TonSorry I mis-understood your initial post. I am not aware of what the real world fmc is capable of, as I have never had the opportunity, and if you are punching these airways into a real 744 fmc then you must be a real world pilot. I cannot answer your initial question as it is beyond my knowledge and think you are correct to ask the question to PMDG. So was nice to say hi anyways and good luck with your question.regardsJohn CallejaBAW352 (in the virtual world :))

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest 744nut

Hi John,"then you must be a real world pilot"No I am not, ;-) but I had the privilege to "fly" quite a lot on the 744(F) full motion sim. cheersTon

Hi Ton,I still may be misinterpreting your question but you can put high altitude routes on route page 2 of the FMC. Example: J100 on the left (LSK) and a corresponding fix on J100 on the right. If you put two routes in the FMC will connect themIs this what you

Guest 744nut

Hi George,No it isn

Ton, I know what you mean!Say you had a plan to fly airway J53 to ABC thence via J29 to XYZIt would appear on the CDU as follows (roughly!).J53------------------ABCJ29------------------XYZI think what Ton is saying is in the real CDU you can just punch in J53 on the left side of RTE page 2/2, then directly below that punch in J29. The system then works out the common waypoint between the two airways (in this case it's ABC) and then it automatically fills it in.I know that this functionality is modelled in a certain 2-engined boeing add-on. However possibly the FMC software in the 744 doesn't allow this anymore?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Hi George,>>No it isn

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest 744nut

@Mark"and then it automatically fills it in."100& !! This is what I was trying to explain , thanks!@SorenYou are right, The FMC can also create an intersection where it crosses another airway. I used this as an example ....but maybe the wrong one :-)thanks guysTon

Ton, brilliant! This means that I can read and that you aren't insane. :-)Much like any software-driven equipment, the FMCs fitted to Boeing aircraft undergo periodic upgrades and changes over time, I wonder whether the instance modelled in the PMDG aircraft simply doesn't have this feature.In any event it's one to consider!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest 744nut

Thanks very much :-) I agree with you: there is no Boeing alike. Even in the fleet of one operator there can be different configurations. But it is a handy feature which saves a lot of timeregardsTon

Guest stevens

You don't need to be a real pilot. PS1 744 sim also has the FMC function Ton described.Just to be clear again:You put into the FMC:UZ706 into LSK1Lthen UP605 into LSK2L and the FMC enters automatically GESKA to LSK1R as this is the crossing waypoint where airway UZ706 ends and UP605 starts.BTW, this works not only on RTE2 page, also RTE1.Stefan

Thanks for the clarification Ton, currently the FMC doesn't have this function. One of the r/w 744 pilots on the team mentioned the following:"My recollection is that you can do it this way, though I do not. It takes only a short time to enter most routes, the anchor pt at the start/end of each airway segment is not exactly a big chore and prevents any errors. As a crosscheck it will tell you if you entered the wrong airway if the flying fickle finger of fate hits the wrong key somewhere."

Guest 744nut

Hi George,Thanks for your and the RW pilot answer. I still find it a nice feature :-) and a cross check I do in Plan mode ;-) because sometimes the FMC chooses for strange connections.regardsTon