Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Wanted - North Atlantic plotting chart

As part of my work-in-progress advanced tutorial I would like to get my hands on a digital copy of a North Atlantic Plotting Chart.I know nothing about the ease of acquisition of these charts but so far I've been unable to find anything online. They don't seem to be as freely available as the airport charts and sid/star charts, that's for sure.Is anyone aware of where I could get my hands on one of these? Failing that could anyone recommend an alternative map or chart that I could use? The plan is to plot the NAT points on it and also determine things like equi-time points for the alternate airfields along the route.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for the reply Mike, yeah the absence of a digital format is the real kicker, as I simply don't have the ability to scan a large chart into a digital image small enough for the A4 format. Oh well, if anyone else has any ideas I'm all ears.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

I figured it wouldn't help much, but I did want to make sure I knew what you were talking about.I'll look around to see if I can find anything for you.

Thanks for the link Steve, it's not the flight plan I'm having trouble with though, I have FSBuild 2 for that. (recommended too!)In this tutorial I actually want to show folks how an x-altantic route is plotted and how the alternates and equi-time points are calculated, hence the desire for a real plotting chart or similar. Appreciate the help though mate! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest cargo747

www.planningchart.dec/o Mr. Gerd Puppel - seemingly an Airbus Driver @ Lufthansa ;-)