Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

737 APP PFD not aligned

Guest abulaafia

When landing the 737 models I cannot get the PDF aligned in VOR or APP modes All NAV radios are set properly, runway heading is entered, and both VOR and APP displays are correct, showing glideslope etc. but they always point to 0. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147527.jpg(landing EGLL 25R)There is probably a simple answer to this, but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Been through every check list and manual I could find, but I am honestly stumped. I have no problems whatsover with the 747 or PSS 777. Martin

Just a guess (I've not had this problem), the runway info is in the navdata. If something is wrong with the runway data then I think you could get the symptoms you have.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest abulaafia

can't be the problem, it happens at every single airport/runway I fly to, also tried different navdata files, add-on airports, etc. it must be plane related. the 747 lands and displays correctly in all those instances.

I agree with you. I'm at my employer's workstation and unable to try to reproduce the problem... please let us know how it gets resolved.

Dan Downs KCRP

Martin,And CRS on the MCP set to runway heading as well?Hope it helps,

Guest abulaafia

yup

Mats, you beat me to it. That's exactly what I was getting ready to ask.

Martin,Can you post a screenie of your main panel and one of your overhead as well?Hope it helps,

Mats:I need the course control explained, I assumed (wrongly) that is was a radio control like a course deviation knob on a VOR/LOC CDI...but this illustrates that it must also provide information to the computer. Interesting.I have wondered why the FMC complains if the ILS course is off (many FS9 courses are a degree or two different from published courses) when it doesn't matter to a localizer...it only has one course. Now it makes sense.Thanks,

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest abulaafia

THANK YOU !!!There is soooooo much more to learn. I got some studying to do ...

Hi Martin,When you are setting up the aircraft for the approach, I assume that you select the DEP/ARR page of the FMC and line select the appropriate runway/approach key. Lets say runway 23 ILS at YPAD, and execute the function.If you then go the INIT/REF page alongside LSK 4L you should see an entry that tells you you have selected: ILS 23/CRS109.70/222109.7 is the localiser frequency, and the 222 (in this case) is the absolute magnetic bearing of the runway. This is the figure that must be set in the CRS window. If you don't you will get an FMC error message.I hope this helps.Neil