Sign in to follow this  
Ingo

Your type rating courses are great!!!

Hi,I just wanted to let "the captain" know, that his idea of writing type rating courses for the 747 is very helpful. I thought I know a bit about the Queen, but I don

I was just about to create such a topic myself, congratulating Robert on this iniciative.These lessons are perfect for all sorts of simmers, from beginners to private pilots to airline transport pilots. The way they are written with josme casual humour is perfect for gettinng us relaxed and thinking: "I can do this."I gotta tell you, I always dreaded handflying this bird during my online sessions because I like everything to be done perfectly and as per real world ops. Whenever I tried it I ended up engaging Vnav and Lnav at the slightest mistake. With these few lessons, I have made so much progress that lately I've been having tons of fun handflying the queen and getting it down perfectly. I think the pax won;t even be avle to tell the difference.Really Rob, thanks a lot. An uncle of mine who was a capt for Varig's 777 fleet until february has been enjoyng himself as well with your queen and your lessons. So much so that he's been thinking of taking a job offer in Asia and might even switch over to the 747. He also sends you his compliments. Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

I also want to say a big thank you for these lessons. And I don't even own 747 (yet). I think 90% of that knowledge can be use for 737 as well, am I right?I proves again that it is very difficult to learn flying just by reading dry manuals. If there wasn't that old great Tim Metzinger's tutorial for 737 I would never learn things properly (though Miscelaneous flying techniques from the original documentation were also very helpful).NC

I cant wait for Ryans VNAV TRC! Should learn a lot in that lesson :)

Hey Guys!Thanks!I've had some fun writing them, to be honest- as I think it helps to showcase some of the stuff that you guys might never discover on your own. In order to discover that stuff- you have to get brave enough to try the basics- and sometimes it's just plane (Get it? PLANE? HAHHAHAAH) easier to have someone talk you through it.I've been incredibly busy this week and I'm behind (again! gasp!) on TRC4, but I think you will like this one. Glad you enjoy the humor! I figure if I cam make you laugh with some inside jokes and some "suggestive comments" that it'll make it more interesting for you- after all, we're all in this hobby to have some fun, right?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Yes, and adding more value for us in the allready great product.Thanks for the commitment.Golli.

Guest freakyschlumpf

Hi guys,I second all the praise!This course is great fun to me and a pleasure to read as it's very well written.Thanks Cpt Randazzo, looking foward to more of this!Greetings,Roland