Sign in to follow this  
Guest rjsniteflyte

737NG won't shut down! Help

Guest rjsniteflyte

before I begin the process of dowloading the entire 737PMG and starting all over again i thought i try and see if anyone new what might be going on. When I first open the 737NG the aircraft is fired up and ready to go. But since I want to begin "cold & Dark" I enter ctr+shft+F1 but instead of shut down, all it does is to continue and start itself. I've tried shutting off the battery, closing all fuel and hydralics and pumps but it just keeps right on trying to start.Anyone have a thought on this? Thanks in advance.Bob AdamsSNAThe land of Palm trees

Guest Loiosh

The easiest way to go cold and dark with the 737-NG is to load up the Cessna (ahh, beloved Cessna) and turn off: Battery, Engines, and close the fuel.Once that is done load the 737. It will be.. very off. Make sure to close the fuel feeds to the engines (Throttle Panel) when you load the 737-NG.When PMDG releases the 737-NGX there will be a 'Cold and Dark' start-up panel avaliable just like the 747-400/F

Guest neeraj.pendse

I have not actually tried otherwise, but someone said something about leaving the avionics button ON when you shut down the Cessna. There is no Avionics button on the 737NG and so turning it off in the Cessna can cause problems.- Neeraj.

Guest andyman

I think in the 737 NG the master switch doubles as an avionics switch but i could be wrong.

You will have no trouble at all if you turn everything off in the Cessna before loading the PMDG 737, including the avionics switch.

Dave Paige

You are right.Switch EVERYTHING (magnetos included) off in the C-172, press Alt key, this will open the upper menu and choose there your PMDG-737.Jose Luis

Bob,Or you could go to the 'Select a Flight' menu at the start of MSFS, then scroll through 'Select a Category' and choose PMDG. In that selection are two cold-and-dark options.After you select the option then you can go to 'Flight Planner' etc and put the aircraft anywhere in the world you want it to be.Have fun,Neil B