Sign in to follow this  
AndyB_01

Funny display problem

Hi there hope some one can help. Ive had the queen and F variant since they were launched. Had no troubles until just recently. When trying to set trim on the pedastal I used to get a box come up and i could see the trim settings. I also noticed that the same box that comes up for dumping fuel (amount you want left) doesnt show either. I dont know if this is caused by the same thing, but when i have set my V speeds up in fmc, i only get the V1 and Vr speeds displayed on the pfd, the V2 speed is missing. The last one isnt a major problem because i hear the call out for V2. Has anyone experienced/solved a similar problem?. Just to let you know i have done a reinstall but the problem still exists. Any help appreciatedAndyB

Sounds like a windows FONT issue. Check that your DPI setting is default (96 DPI) under your general tab in the display properties..Best,Randy J. Smith

Thanks for your reply Randy, i tried a few settings along with the default, but to no avail, problem still there. Im a bit foxed by it, but its not critical as i can set trim and see tape moving, and the fuel remaining from dump set up is shown on eicas. Its one of those things that just annoy you because you cant find out why lol. Thanks for suggestion anywayAndy B

Andy,Do you have cockpit tips enabled in FS settings?Hope it helps,

HiThanks for your reply, no the cockpit tips are off, but still get the altimeter setting prompt when on the ground. I wonder if this is a problem with fs itself. Does the use of cockpit tips oause a problem with the queen. If so i may reinstall fs9Thanks for your helpAndyB

Andy,I was refering to your trim and fuel dump tooltips. I think you need Cockpit tips enabled to be able to see them. Using Cockpit tooltips should not cause any problems with the 744.Hope it helps,

Just incidentally Andy - the cockpit tooltips are not the same as the hints that tell you to set your altimeter to the right pressure. The tooltips are the things you are referring to (yellow background, black text, when you hover over something with the mouse). I think you can re-enable them in the General settings in the Options menu.

Thanks guys you hit the nail on the head. Everythings working fine now, also i learned something about fs9, what tool tips are :-)andyb