Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

FMC Database

Guest wtsapchy

Hi all,I just want to ask if there are any ways I could manually enter ils frequency in FMC. This is because I have add-on scenery for Kai Tak Airport and I want to fly that checkerboard approach with ils frequency tuned to 111.9. However, as the old airport is not in the FMC database, there are no ways for me to tune that frequency.Also, I enter a VOR frequency in Nav 1 in FMC and the course, how can I capture that VOR radial like the autopilot NAV function in other aircraft.Cheers !!DanielVHHH

The FMC procedures (sidstars) rely on airac data (/FMCWP/NAVADATA) for airport location (airports.dat), runway data (wpNavAPT.txt) and navaids such as localizers (wpNavAID.txt). These are all text files easily modified with any text editor. The latest airac data (0610 from Navigraph) may already have this data but not knowing the ICAO for Kai Tak I've not checked for you. The files are relatively easy to decode; however, and I have added runway data for the same reason at KMCO Orlando Intl FL. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest JohnWarren

Well it certainly helped me - I didn't start this thread but I've been having the same kind of problems - a bit of quick editing on the wpNavRTE file solved everything. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi Daniel,Go to the NAV RAD page and you will see a position down beside line key 4L that says ILS / MLS. You can manually enter the frequency and course information here. You cannot enter an ILS Freq and course in the NAV 1 and 2 positions.The entry should be like 109.9/231CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

>Hi all,>>I just want to ask if there are any ways I could manually>enter ils frequency in FMC. This is because I have add-on>scenery for Kai Tak Airport and I want to fly that>checkerboard approach with ils frequency tuned to 111.9.>However, as the old airport is not in the FMC database, there>are no ways for me to tune that frequency.FMC NAVRAD page - you can enter a manual ILS and course at LSK 4L - see pages 14 and 54 of the FMC manual.>Also, I enter a VOR frequency in Nav 1 in FMC and the course,>how can I capture that VOR radial like the autopilot NAV>function in other aircraft.The real aircraft does not have this ability. What you can do is enter the VOR into the FMC's LEGS page, then do an intercept course on the proper radial at the LSK 6R INTC CRS prompt. See page 35 of the FMC manual.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com