Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

FSX Airbus

Hi allI recently purchased FSX (Deluxe Edition) and I will say that for the most part it is quite an exciting new version, albeit with some very poor work done by MS on Sydney International Airport (YSSY).So, the reason for this post - the default Airbus in FSX. I think it's the A320, but can't remember. Anyway, I was doing a "mission" flight in the airbus and noticed that while cruising there was an attitude of about 5 degree's nose-down (not up like we are accustomed to in the Boeing's). I wanted to ask someone in the development team of the PMDG Airbus if this is in fact how the airbus flies in the read world (i.e. nose down in cruise) or if it is a bit of bad modelling, etc by Microsoft?By the way, I did not load fuel or other items such as passengers, baggage, etc - just chose the mission and clicked on fly now. If someone can help me out with this, I would be most appreciative.Thanks,

Guest Jacob Lee

I have flown in the Airbus many times, real-world and sim (PSS A3XX), and can say that in my experience that it does not fly with a nose down attitude. It flies with it's nose up, much like Boeing. But again, that's my experience. Perhaps it has something to do with low passangers.

>Perhaps it has something to>do with low passangers.Don't they give them cushions to sit on?Graham

[fonr size=-1]BA's 320 fleet are all nose heavy; on low loads the pax are loaded towards the rear - presumably ordered to this specification to improve performance. Not related to cruise attitude, but perhaps of some interest.[/font]

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

The default A321 isn't very realistic... It's extremely overpowered for one - I was accelerating in a climb with like 40% N1 in one of the missions - silly!Pretty much positive the real thing does not cruise with a nose down attitude - you need some positive angle of attack to maintain lift in just about any airplane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The Airbus A32x aircraft cruise with a nose up attitude of 2-3 degrees, much like we're used to in the 737NG.Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hmmm, this is what I thought - couldn't see why it would be nose-down in cruise. Just didn't seem right. I hope the PMDG airbus is much better and more realistic!Regards,

>Hmmm, this is what I thought - couldn't see why it would be>nose-down in cruise. Just didn't seem right. I hope the PMDG>airbus is much better and more realistic!What speed or Mach number did you fly at? Normal for the A32x family is around .78 cruise.Yes PMDG's Airbus will be much much closer to the real one, the same level of realism the MD-11 will be, or even more.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest oldspanner

I'd be interested to know your source for that information?The only thing that comes to mind that would make the BAW A320's heavier at the nose would be the airstairs that were fitted to the earlier aircraft, since modified to remove them.