Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

PMDG 737NG & CH TQ

I've been attempting, without good results, to program the CH throttle quadrant to the 737NG 600/700. No problem with the button assignments, but only with the axis assigments for the 2 throttles, reversers and flaps.When assigning the 2 throttles to their own axis, they don't move at the same rate, e.g. when looking at the throttle window in the sim and both levers are in the same position, my CHTQ will have the levers about 1/2" or more difference in their positions, one ahead of the other by that amount.Now I've tried to calibrate them, but that doesn't have any effect.Second problem is with the flaps which I've assigned to the far right axis. I can't get smooth movement, as the lever in the sim keeps jumping around and it operates backwards, e.g. moving the TQ lever to the down position causes the lever in the sim to move to the UP FLAPS position and just the oppposite if I move the CHTQ lever to the UP position the levers in the sim move to the DOWN FLAPS position.Yes, yes, I've even checked the 'reverse axis' box in the assignments window and no effect.Also, I have a registered version of FSUIPC and I have the same problems when attempting to do the assignments there.Even tried the CH Control Manager without results. That program seems to elude my level of understanding. Maybe someone already has a 'map' for the PMDG 737NG that I could copy and try.Any suggestions will be considered and tried.Thanks ahead of time.Jima.k.a.

After having done your windows calibration, the individual throttle calibration should allow you map bottom (max reverse thrust), idle (at detent), and max thrust (top), independently for each lever in FSUIPC. This way the throttles should track.See their user guide and remember that calibrations can be set differently for each aircraft now in the most recent versions. Get version 3.711 and the name of the aircraft you are calibrating for will appear in the window title.www.stickworks.com has good tutorials on setting these up.

I have ver. 4 of FSUIPC and still had problems. But I'll regress to ver. 3.711 since I'm unsure if ver. 4 is only for FSX.Just to clarify some things, are you assigning any axis functions of the TQ through FS9 assignments or are all assignments only in FSUIPC?I've experienced some diffulculties in trying to use FSUIPC before.What about buttons? Right now I have all assignments in FS9 and all is working more or less correctly and nothing assigned in FSUIPC. I still get idle @ the detent and reversers below the detent. From what I understand this shouldn't happen with axis assigned only in FS9. Flaps move in increments with the TQ lever, but I was unable to arm the spoilers even though I checked settings/assignments and then sensitivities. On attempting to arm them they went to spoilers UP. Had to deploy them manually on touchdown.Also the 737 creeps when the throttles are @ idle thrust and no brakes applied, parking or differential. Is this normal? Taxi speed keeps increasing slowly even with throttles on idle.I appreciate the help and suggestions.Jima.k.a.

Bring up the Throttle Quadrant window to see if the virtual levers are following your settings, that is idle is at idle.Version 4 is for FSX only, 3.711 is for FS8 and FS9.You only need FSUIPC axis assignments to handle things FS9 does not or remap FS assignments. As an example you can map on a four engine aircraft one lever for a pair of engines and a second for the the other pair mapping which to engines make up each pair.You do not have to assign axis in FSUIPC to take advantage of calibrating each one.Have you been on the FSUIPC forum? You'll find threads on spoiler manipulation there.http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54One user here posted that setting FSUIPC throttle spike filtering in the general tab prevented spoilers and auto-brakes from deploying at idle with ground contact. For my standard CH Pro Throttle I have it on but in Windows when I calibrate that axis I leave just a little bit above bottom when the calibration prompt asks me to bottom the lever. This allows for noise slop in the control from keeping it above idle.To insure throttles are idle hit the F1 key while observing the virtual throttle levers and your control levers are at idle. If they move your control levers are not on idle calibration.I can be wrong but I think the CH Quad has a built in microswitch or two that can be set to operate assigned as the F2 default throttle lower (reverse) key. This should be unassigned if you are using the movement below idle as a linear reverse thrust control.Make sure you are NOT using the CHCM if using FSUIPC for calibration and mapping.

Thanks Ron and others for your interest and help. I forgot about calibrating with FSUIPC and am now using the 3.711 ver. Ron, the only way to set the F2 default with the TQ is by calibrating the reversers below then detent then setting two values in the detent, one toward the back and one toward the front of the detent. That way the detent should be thrust at idle and pulling the levers behind the detent will engage the reversers. Maybe that is what you meant by the microswitch in the TQ.Everything is set and performing except that my throttle levers are at different positions on the TQ, one ahead of the other 1/2"-1", to make them equal as it appears in the virtual sim window. I guess I can live with it since I generally use auto throttle on the 737 anyway.Thanks again,Jima.k.a.

I was not sure about the microswitches. With linear mapping in FSUIPC as long as a throttle control has a detent, that detent is set in FSUIPC (set up for reverse thrust throttle control) as idle and no F2 assignment is used since moving the lever below this point acts as linear reverse thrust.For aircraft that taxi too fast with idle thrust just moving the throttle enough to open the reverse thrust mechanism (clamshell or whatever) so reverse thrust at idle power keeps the aircraft slow enough with constant or frequent brake application.Regarding the non-tracking physical position of your thrust leversyou should be able to calibrate the difference away in FSUIPC since each lever has a forward, detent, and bottom calibration point. One inch is quite a bit, but a less than half-inch should be acceptable I would think.Anything in the stickworks.com forum or site about this?

Never read anything in the stickworks about this. The values in FSUIPC for each throttle are very close if not equal, but still a diiference in lever alignment. It may not be much now, but I'm having crashes to black screen at different times and not only in FS9. So I better install a new HD before disaster raises its' ugly head.