Sign in to follow this  
Guest UPS404

744F FMC Adding waypoints to flight plan?

Guest UPS404

I just recently purchased the 744 and 744F. I've been learning alot but still run into problems. This morning I set up a flight plan from MMMX to SBKP. I entered all of my way points into the FMC and activated the flight plan. Then I got an insufficient fuel message from the FMC. I investigated the issue and found on my legs menu about twice as many pages than I started with. I found many more way points that took me way off course by ~ 3,000 nm, then back to the next way point and back on course in the original flight plan. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

What am I doing wrong? - Don't know.It's a good idea to review the route on the legs pages before you accept the flight plan.The fuel message is not unusual, especially early in the trip. That same message late in the trip is real news.Can't help with your flight plan issue... not enough info... speaking of please sign your name. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest UPS404

Thanks Dan,I do review the plan before I accept it. The extra waypoints are not there. I pay attention to the details when I enter them in. The first time it done this I ended the flight, thinking I made a mistake. Started a new flight, and I got the same thing. I'll figure it out.Steve

Steve, just a question:Are you loading your flightplan entering waypoint after waypoint or are you entering airways ?Jose Luis.

Guest UPS404

Jose,I am entering the airways to the waypoints. The additional waypoints include altitude, airspeed, etc. I didn't enter those in mine this morning. Thanks.

Steve,Sounds like one of the airways in the navdata is messed up - this can happen with waypoints that have the same name but one's in say South America and the other is in the US. Check through the LEGS page and find the offending waypoint, delete it and then reinput manually - it should then show you a list of waypoints so you can pick the correct one based on LAT/LON.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest dt1951

A few things. First, are you entering a SID or STAR after accepting the flight plan? If you are entering an airway you are giving it an entry point and exit point, there may be several waypoints along that airway between the entry and exit points. This is very evident on the PROG page because all those additional waypoints will show there, even though you did not enter them individually while on the RTE page during the flight plan entry. Although your entry was via airways, the FMC will actually fly the waypoints. If you are seeing different altitudes and airspeeds associated with the legs, then the FMC is calculating where it will be in the vertical position and airspeed it thinks it will be going at the waypoint. This is for the climb to your cruise altitude along the airway, or the descent to your STAR. If you are already atr cruise altitude when you see these differences, then you might have a corrupted FMC with a reinstall needed.