Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

Better sound file for the 737NG?

Hello,I'm not sure if anyone who has been in a 737 realized, but they have a unique 'BARRRRRRRR' like sound during take off and clb stages... The stock soundset from PMDG doesnt really have this... so I was just curious if anyone has a link to something they can reccomend which resembles more of a 737NG engine :)you can hear it on this one for example...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

cfm56-7v4.zip in the AVSIM library has the buzz sound you mention, make sure you download all the updates. Hope this helps.Marc Beck

Uhm.. i've downloaded the three files, but iam not really sure were to put these for the PMDG 737NG 600~900.

ok, figured it out... go to PMDG 737-700 folder, and rename the sound folder to sound_2 then put in the sound folder you just downloaded into there, and all set :)

Every users of NG should have this sound. Is amazing!!!

Nice video. Was the Frankfurt landing utilising 'AES'?If so, I'm getting it.

What addon was that where you actually see the taxi vehicle taxing the plane? That was really cool.Lee Alexander

Are you saying to place the downloaded cfm56-7v4 sound file into the PMDG737-700 folder? I did this, and am now getting CTD's

>Are you saying to place the downloaded cfm56-7v4 sound file>into the PMDG737-700 folder? I did this, and am now getting>CTD's You haven't done it properly.Read reply three.

Ok, I have placed the new sound folder into the renamed PMDG origional,and I get C172 prop sounds.

Jim, rename the original file to say "sound.org".Unzip the new sound to the 737NG Aircraft folder. Check the new file for the 'sound.cfg. file is there because that is what pionts the sim to the sounds that your using. Works for me. ;-)

Thank's Dave,Those sounds are great:-) However I still Have to deal with the typical PMDG CTD's:-roll After dealing with broken real airplanes for 10 hours a day,This flightsim hobby is starting to to be a pain.

After dealing with>broken real airplanes for 10 hours a day,This flightsim hobby>is starting to to be a pain.Wow, I bet repairing the real ones are easier than the sim ones eh? Its all a learning curve really. Theres a reason why your PMDG is CTD so, if you can give us a bit more info as to what your doing just before it happens there is a lot of helpful people on here that will be more then pleased to help you overcome it.

Thank's Dave, I guess it's my stubborn unwillingness to constantly babysit my pmdg install's with each addon installed to CF9. I don't have to do this with any other addon.And I just don't have the time these days for that effort,and seemingly constant trouble shooting.My fault, Just venting.

What are the names of the three files? I only found two files, CFM56-7v4 (Download #82754) and CFM56-7 update to v5 (Download #87892). Is there one more somewhere I missed?Kim

Scratch that. I finally found it, the v4 patch. Can't wait to try the new sounds out.Kim

I kind of forgot about this post...well I'm loving the new sounds!altough I think we need more of a buzz, and I'll tell you why....those sounds scare me so much, everytime I hear them, I creep out! i'm nowhere near creeping out in this plane so far lol

Yea those sounds are great!

Hi,Excuse me if I sound a little confused! Do the downloaded cfm files need to be unzipped before adding them to the PMDG folder? According to the "readme" text they just need to be added to the appropriate 600/700/800/900 file.ThanksRob

yup, unzip them and put them in the 737-700 folder (in sound) that will reflect all other versions as well.

Hi,Having a problem getting the "new" sounds. Downloaded all three files, unzipped and added them to the sound folder that is within the "Aircraft" - "PMDG 700" - "sound" folder - no change in the sounds.Any ideas or perhaps I'm doing it wrong and require a step by step guide!?Rob

Yes this is a nice soundset, but one problem I don't seem to to get a soundless cold and dark cockpit as is possible with other 737NG soundsets.Any suggestions?Bruceb